National Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustyloins

In memory of...
Forum Supporter
As I type this, it's OVER 14.5 TRILLION dollars. That works out to about $126,000 per family. It's gonna take a lot of silver with those E-Trac's to balance that out!!! Something has got to be done. I've been buying silver since it's low right now, but that's not a long term solution for me, nor is gold. A few grams a week of nuggets isn't going to offset the rising food costs, fuel costs, clothing costs and my mom's healthcare. I'm thinking about selling a couple of detectors for a short term $$ gain and even sellling my 40 acre ranch (after I hunt it from one end to the other!!!!):lol:

Dusty

Saw this move comming :lol:

The only chance we as a nation have is if the governement were to default to the Federal Reserve and create a new currency. IMHO

$14.5 Trillion, and Obama's presidential credit card is maxxed out. Something is going to happen in August, if they don't raise the credit limit (debt ceiling) before then. Think a lot of people have already learned, that you can't borrow your way out of debt. And making payments on one debt, by charging to another, just digs a deeper hole. The government spending money, they don't have, in hopes that businesses will hire people, to produce stuff nobody wants to buy, is a joke. The money just goes into a businessman's pocket, and he doesn't have to hire, because he's doing alright, not producing anything. All he has to do, is donate to the campaign fund, of the politicians, who filled his pockets, so they get re-elected, and repeat...

Hedging bets

If you want to hedge against the dollar, invest in the Yuan. China will slowly unpeg from the dollar or go down with us - not something they want to do as they will be competing with us and India for purchasing oil.

Stay away from the political side or this thread is woosh.

Rudy, you're getting old like me:lol:.......I got PMs saying this thread was history....thanks for tolerating a tiny bit of political/government/financial insight and the thoughts about buying gold/silver as a hedge......(or anything else)....

Dusty

I woosh we could be adults and pretend like the 1st amendment existed on this forum within reason. :shock:

I woosh we could be adults and pretend like the 1st amendment existed on this forum within reason. :shock:

Well that's the problem isn't it? Too many folks who take the discussion to the far left or right and won't budge and it just becomes nasty... hence there are forum standards and rules in place that do not allow these type of topics.

Seems to me if you can't follow the rules... well, thats obvious.

:waytogo:

Well that's the problem isn't it? Too many folks who take the discussion to the far left or right and won't budge and it just becomes nasty... hence there are forum standards and rules in place that do not allow these type of topics.

Seems to me if you can't follow the rules... well, thats obvious.

:waytogo:

Yeah debate will be the downfall of this forum... because like it or not alot of life is intertwined. Here in America we still have the freedom to discuss such situations. See the removal of anything controversial is what is crippling us, good clean back and forth is healthy, but that is of course the superiors can understand it? To ban it all together is no better than COMMUNISM !

Get over yourself :roll:

This is a MD forum... politics have no place here in the first place. I'm sure the forums over at FOX News or the like would love to have the debate... here, not so much. Healthy debate is great... the unfortunate part is that they don't stay healthy very long.

Unfortunately, politics do sort of infringe on the hobby, since we have to check and see if we can legally search a site, which for most other purposes, is public access. Politics and economics, have a huge impact on the selling price of our finds. Politics also sometimes enters into what we are allow to keep.

We, ourselves, become politicians, when attempting to secure permission to dig in some areas. Aren't most folks a little reluctant to allow a complete stranger, to lurk around on their property, digging holes? You sort to have to sell them on the idea that it's not such a bad thing, you'll be removing trash, and maybe share your finds, or surrender personal items found?

But yeah, debate is fine, everyone has an opinion, expressing them makes us all feel good. The unfortunate part, is some feel a need to force their views on others, always have to have the 'right' opinion.

Guess 'scientific' discussions, like Global Warming, are also a bad topic here as well...

Unfortunately, politics do sort of infringe on the hobby, since we have to check and see if we can legally search a site, which for most other purposes, is public access. Politics and economics, have a huge impact on the selling price of our finds. Politics also sometimes enters into what we are allow to keep.

We, ourselves, become politicians, when attempting to secure permission to dig in some areas. Aren't most folks a little reluctant to allow a complete stranger, to lurk around on their property, digging holes? You sort to have to sell them on the idea that it's not such a bad thing, you'll be removing trash, and maybe share your finds, or surrender personal items found?

But yeah, debate is fine, everyone has an opinion, expressing them makes us all feel good. The unfortunate part, is some feel a need to force their views on others, always have to have the 'right' opinion.

Guess 'scientific' discussions, like Global Warming, are also a bad topic here as well...

Global Warming posts are allowed... just do a search...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=7598&highlight=Global+Warming

Global warming=Al Gore=Bill Clinton=Monica=Hillary=OBama=Dubya=Cheney=Iraq=Sadam.....................And on it would manifest itself into implosion.

:lol:

Attachments

• 20-500x375.jpg
    20-500x375.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 132
I think you mean Totalitarianism.

Yeah debate will be the downfall of this forum... because like it or not alot of life is intertwined. Here in America we still have the freedom to discuss such situations. See the removal of anything controversial is what is crippling us, good clean back and forth is healthy, but that is of course the superiors can understand it? To ban it all together is no better than COMMUNISM !

When My dad went off to WWII, they were told that they were fighting against totalitarianism. The Axis powers, and our temporary allies, the Soviets, were not bound by a common economic idea, they were bound by the notion that they could tell everyone what to do, and if they didn't do it, they just wound up dead.

In the USA, everyone had a voice directly or through represention.
In the USA, you were entitled to have your own ideas and you didn't get killed or disapeared for speaking your mind. At least during peacetime.

From the wiki;
Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state, usually under the power of a single political person, faction, or class, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.[2] Totalitarianism is usually characterized by the coincidence of authoritarianism (where ordinary citizens have less significant share in state decision-making) and ideology (a pervasive scheme of values promulgated by institutional means to direct most if not all aspects of public and private life).[3]

Totalitarian regimes or movements stay in political power through an all-encompassing propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that is often marked by personality cultism, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of speech, mass surveillance, and widespread use of state terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom