Milk bottles found near O'Hare

ic1usn

Long story short I was walking from my hotel to grab some beer and saw these half buried on the corner. cleaned them up as best I could with what I had.
20190507_171901.jpg
from left to right: Unknown, decorative, screwtop, bottom has a 829 above a T or 7 in a triangle pointing to a 7; 3 sided bottle, screwtop, no markings; 1 pint milk bottle from Standard Dairy Products Co. Waywood, IL.; 1 pint milk from National Milk Co. Forest Glen Chicago, IL.; 1 pint milk from Bowman Dairy Co, Chicago, IL.; and a 1/2 pint from Bowman Dairy Co Chicago IL.

I don't have a whole lot of knowledge on bottles so any insight on dating, value, or what to look for on these would be appreciated. I'm stumped on the 2 left ones if anyone knows what they may have been used for.

Anyone in the O'Hare airport and wants the location PM me. I didn't do any digging just grabbed what I could see. Probably more there but would need to get permission to access construction site.

Never saw the one on the left before, the second one looked to me like horse radish or condiment, The Bowman milks I find many in NW indiana, as Bowman was distributed there. The milks commonly have 2-digit date codes on the bottom (usually VERY lightly embossed). Not familiar with the Standard or the National milks, but as Chicago had tons of dairies, probably are ubiquitis.

Always nice to find milks!

Thanks for the replies! I ran into the same things in my research, so many small dairies being bought out or going defunct. Looks like National Milk Co. bought out Forest Glen Creamery in 27. On the bottom edge I can see a 52 on the national and standard, and a 10 on the bowman (which seems too early).

Back
Top Bottom