Big gold coin!!!!

Well I guess Minelab did not like my story, they instead chose to go with a sappy granny story and an amazing jewelry tale of lost heirlooms and magically returned through silent numbers that a shop owner near the beach kept for 20 years.

Disappointed, you bet.... gold rings and jewelry are found every day, but old gold coins are not.

I am still happy and proud of my find.

Greg

Man Greg!!
I know exactly how you feel and at first it bothered me, but then I realized two things.. One is that it really doesn't matter one bit in the big scheme of things .. Two, they are more interested in a colorful story than the significance of the actual find ..
It also holds true to the forums ..
So now I forget about the fact that I found two 1800's gold coins on a beach In NJ in a single day and now I write colorful stories..
I now can find twelve bottlecaps, some clad, hot wheels and some few scraps and turn it into a tale of adventure and treasure .. :lol:

Keep your head up brother !!
You found it and they didn't ..

Gold coin club members , we are few in numbers, but envied by many :p

I hope you liked the keychain :laughing:

Man Greg!!
I know exactly how you feel and at first it bothered me, but then I realized two things.. One is that it really doesn't matter one bit in the big scheme of things .. Two, they are more interested in a colorful story than the significance of the actual find ..
It also holds true to the forums ..
So now I forget about the fact that I found two 1800's gold coins on a beach In NJ in a single day and now I write colorful stories..
I now can find twelve bottlecaps, some clad, hot wheels and some few scraps and turn it into a tale of adventure and treasure .. :lol:

Keep your head up brother !!
You found it and they didn't ..

Gold coin club members , we are few in numbers, but envied by many :p

I hope you liked the keychain :laughing:

i did put my keys on the key chain :lol:

What keychain..... No one said anything about keychains! :mad:

I would donate mine to the Mineblab forum so someone can spin a glorious fictional story of how it was lost during the gold rush of a lost age and returned to original owner some 2,000 years later through telepathy and mediums!
:lol::p:laughing:

Thanks guys you are making it more digestible.

Greg

It is a little over year since I found this coin, figured that I would bring it back for some more to see! =D

Greg

Last edited:
Just found an old post of mine that someone had asked about, so thought I would bring back up to the top. As I have not gotten to detect but once this year, I'll have to live through some of my past glories haha.

Greg

Just found an old post of mine that someone had asked about, so thought I would bring back up to the top. As I have not gotten to detect but once this year, I'll have to live through some of my past glories haha.

Greg
That big ol' purty gold coin should get you back in the mood to go detecting more often! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom