Another Roundball Day

61chip

Elite Member
MoBob and I got out today for a short hunt, about 3.5 hrs. Hit the same hay field we did last weekend. The grass has really grown. We thought it was high last week -- just about impossible to swing thru today. But we did manage some more roundballs, buck balls and camp lead. Bob also found a cool watch key. Had a great time and scored a few relics. Can't beat that! Thanks for looking and HH.

Attachments

• IMG_20150927_44103.jpg
    IMG_20150927_44103.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_20150927_31362.jpg
    IMG_20150927_31362.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 177
Plucking relics in non optimal conditions is always nice. Not a bad haul for tall grass huh? Wait till its mowed! Wowwowwwewow!

Plucking relics in non optimal conditions is always nice. Not a bad haul for tall grass huh? Wait till its mowed! Wowwowwwewow!

Man you know how hard it is to stay away once you find a potential camp.:lol: But I believe we'll save that one for next yrs. hay season, besides it's not going anywhere, the hay in most places was up around 10-12" high. We have other fall hunting spots to swing , so it's all good.:D

I like the round balls. I don't get many of those where I hunt.

Thanks, buddy. We dig a lot more round balls than minnies. I think the far west theatre was pretty poorly equipped, especially early in the war. Also, in our area on the Mo./Ks. border, there were lots of guerillas, bushwackers, and irregular troops. I think they used anything that would fire. I would estimate my roundball (from .69 down to buckball) to Minnie ball ratio is around 20-1.

Thanks for looking and commenting. GL when you get back out to dig

Back
Top Bottom