help ID bullet

Smokey25

I found this, this afternoon and found a civil war bullet near it. I'm assuming it's a civil war variant but haven't been able to find anything online about it. I'm primarily a coin shooter and this was my first relic hunting trip. So needless to say I'm a newby to bullet ID'ing. Hopefully the information provided helps...I don't know.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and happy hunting.

Attachments

• Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 310
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 303
  • Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 300
Time went on so you will find modern stuff, like this was cutter, but if you found one bullet there was activity there so there probably is more stuff to find... Dig everything!! gL

ID Bullet

I hope that I am doing the right thing by posting in the same post that you started. I found this in 3" of water Mullica River, NJ. I have shown this to a few different sites. What would you guys and Gals say it is?

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0062.JPG
    IMG_0062.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_0061.JPG
    IMG_0061.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 243
Actually you should start your own thread, I think thats some type of cleaner bullet but the opening seems larger than a CW williams cleaner, I am sure you will get an accurate answer here

As for the second picture, it looks as wide or wider than the quarter placed for scale. That plus the odd hole in the base makes me think it's some sort of fishing gear I've never seen before.

Back
Top Bottom