First Gold Of 2014 Is Amazing 14K Honker!!

Exceptionally nice ring. I think this is a custom work item, not like the one shown in the link other than in general design. Either way it is an awesome find to say the least!! If you were to try and sell it right now very likely the previous owner might come forward .... if so then you could have a cool return event on your hands. Heck they might even let you come aboard to do a presentation!

Yeah, I haven't seen any pictures on google of this exact ring. Your right about trying to sell it now though. "Owner" might find it somehow. Who knows how long it's been in the water.

I had a great ring return on the first ring I found out here. Got a tour of a sweet British Navy ship. I am not sure I would trade at least $350 for a submarine tour though. Haha

I agree... that is one of the nicest rings I've seen posted on the forum! Congrats on the nice big gold... oh, and the silver too. :yes::yes:

I hit the water as soon as I got off of work today. I knew low tide was going to be right when I was getting off, and I could not miss the opportunity. This was my second outgoing for the year. The first being a couple hours on New Year's Day. It was actually kind of chilly today though, by Hawaii standards that is. Haha.

Within the first hour I was able to pull out this spinner ring. I assumed it was just tungsten or something, but it was pretty crusty and I haven't pulled out crusty tungsten yet. It wasn't until I got home and cleaned it up, when I realized I found my first 925 of the season! My first silver spinner ring.

null_zpsc63f4278.jpg

null_zps1dea9603.jpg

null_zpscc47e44e.jpg

The main prize of the day is this next ring though. After 2 hours of hunting, and thinking of calling it quits. I went to my car to get a drink and have a smoke. I was cold and was contemplating getting back in the water. I knew I wanted to find my first gold of the year, so I headed back in. I am glad I did! Within 5 minutes I found this beauty. When I pulled it out of my scooped and looked inside I yelled "YES!". A lady near me must of heard me and actually swam to me and asked me if I had found something good. I couldn't hide my enthusiasm and showed her my nice fat ring I just found. After we stopped chatting, I instantly got out of the water and headed home.

This Honker weighs in at an even 15g of 14K. The yellow gold was clean in the water but the white gold was pretty crusty. I didn't know what the design was until I cleaned it off, which cleaned up quick and easy. On each side are fish coming out of the water with a ship in the center of them. Beside the fish is a cut out design where you can see through the ring. Amazing ring, along with an amazing hunt. I kicked this year off with a Bang! Gold and Silver. Thanks for looking!

If anybody was wondering, this ring sounded exactly like the toy car I scooped up today. Loud high tone. I thought I was going to have another crusty car in the scoop.

null_zpsaa60d7bd.jpg

null_zps79ed8d28.jpg

null_zps913f0b01.jpg

null_zps084f08cc.jpg

null_zps0318bb0d.jpg

null_zps3fcce776.jpg

Great job!!! AMAZING gold ring!! You are in a primo spot man. You always get people coming there and they loose their rings all the time!!!

ATPro Dude

Exceptionally nice ring. I think this is a custom work item, not like the one shown in the link other than in general design. Either way it is an awesome find to say the least!! If you were to try and sell it right now very likely the previous owner might come forward .... if so then you could have a cool return event on your hands. Heck they might even let you come aboard to do a presentation!

I agree with this. I was a submariner and am familiar with the subtle differences in the designs. Your ring has the classic style dolphin that I and many others prefer. Years ago I made my own dolphin ring in silver:
picture.php

I agree with this. I was a submariner and am familiar with the subtle differences in the designs. Your ring has the classic style dolphin that I and many others prefer. Years ago I made my own dolphin ring in silver:
picture.php

Awesome! Thanks for the info. That's a good looking ring you made too.

If your ever in the market for a gold one, you know where to find it! Haha

Back
Top Bottom