• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Can KT have any better LUCK??

Awesome score KT!!!! I have learned that most banks in my area will not sell you boxes of halves unless you are a business and then you can get 1 box and still have to jump through hoops to get it.

Sorry to hear that WildDigger. Perhaps my bank considers what I am doing a business. The Queen does have a business account for her Royal Breadbaking business, so perhaps that is a factor.

Way to go. I was dumping last years finds in the coinstar last week and when it got done slinging them around it was clunk clunk clunking. looked around the plate and out pops a tiny earring. Looks to be a tiny diamond, cause if it were fake it wouldn't be that small. either silver or plat post. Need to find a jewler to take it to to see if it is worth more than $2.00 :lol:

I didn't dump it with my stuff so it came from somebody else's jar. Could be yours was from a hunter who cleaned out his finds jar and didn't know ring was there KT.

And the machine toook my nasty zincs - crusted and all and even the half quarter and 2/3 dime.

Still have my coppers. Way to go. :D

Way to go. I was dumping last years finds in the coinstar last week and when it got done slinging them around it was clunk clunk clunking. looked around the plate and out pops a tiny earring. Looks to be a tiny diamond, cause if it were fake it wouldn't be that small. either silver or plat post. Need to find a jewler to take it to to see if it is worth more than $2.00 :lol:

Those are womens nose stud posts. I found several of those already. Usually find one every third trip to my bank. Have yet to find a real one.

Excellent idea

I really like that idea of a reject cup.The gals at my bank told me they have to throw the odd stuff away, even foreign coins:roll:

Last edited:
I really like that idea of a reject cup.The gals at my bank told me they have to throw the odd stuff away, even foreign coins:roll:

Yep, same policy at KT's bank. They have no way to id the owner so into the trash it goes! Bent coins, foreign coins, jewelry and everything else from false teeth to prescription pills! :shock::shock: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

That isn't a 25 Peso coin, it is 25 Centavos, which I believe is 1/4 peso. Back before the oil price drop, that would have had a reasonable face value, but unless the peso has rebounded (or they've issued the New Peso), the face value is pretty sad. It's still an interesting coin, though.

I just checked: The peso is currently worth .08, so 1/4 peso is .02. It's still an interesting coin, and if nothing else, you could use it like a friend of mine did. I think it was at a point where there were 30 or more pesos to the dollar, he tipped an obnoxious waiter in Mexico with a 10 centavo coin, worth about 1/3 of a cent. He watched at the window to see the waiter find his tip, and the guy ran outside and threw dishes at my friend as he ran away laughing.

-- Tom

That isn't a 25 Peso coin, it is 25 Centavos, which I believe is 1/4 peso. Back before the oil price drop, that would have had a reasonable face value, but unless the peso has rebounded (or they've issued the New Peso), the face value is pretty sad. It's still an interesting coin, though.

I just checked: The peso is currently worth .08, so 1/4 peso is .02.

-- Tom

Thanks! Even though there is a $ sign on it...KT figured it was a centavo coin...don't know why He typed in Peso! HA HA At least He can state He recovered a 2 cent piece! :laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom