KT picks up his 5 boxes from the bank ......

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Just got em noon today.....and have been so busy around the Castle since getting back there, that only had time to unload them....hope to feel well enough after my follow up treatment today to get a start and rip through a couple of boxes tonite! KT did note that two of the boxes had the same number as some better boxes He had previously searched, while the other 3 boxes had the same number as the slim pickin's boxes He hunted last week! LOL Oh well, ya pays yer money and takes yer chances on the roll of the dice! Will post back in this thread when I have the total take on these 5 boxes & some pics to show!

Good luck on the hunt. This seems to have been a good week for everybody. I just finished my four box hunt last night. It was the best hunt I have had in my three month career of CRHing. KT, you always seem to have the royal touch. I am predicting big silver and 2 Ben Franklins for you. :D

Brian

maybe i'm over thinking this, but what exactly is coin roll hunting and how do you go about it.
Sounds pretty fun, since last weekend I spent 3 hours and went through a 25 pound canvas bag of pennies and pulled out all the coppers and wheats.

/I know coin roll hunting is actually buying rolls of coins btw...just how do you go about getting them pre-rolled and in better denominations/

maybe i'm over thinking this, but what exactly is /I know coin roll hunting is actually buying rolls of coins btw...just how do you go about getting them pre-rolled and in better denominations/

I am sure you have found your answer by now, but boxes of rolled coin are available at your local bank. Now, whether they choose to sell them to you or not is a different question. There are several threads recently about banks not willing to sell boxes to customers and non-customers.

There are probably about a half dozen threads about getting started in coin roll hunting over the last three or four pages plus the forum has a search function. Happy Hunting.

Brian

Will post back in this thread when I have the total take on these 5 boxes & some pics to show!

How about an update on your search? It helps pass the time at work. I have good feeling that this is one of those weeks where everybody finds a winner or two. :D

Brian

How'd it turn out KT?

I had some good finds, besides my Old Drunkard token, I found:

3 90% Kennedys
7 40% Kennedys
1 '01 Proof clad
and a pretty '97 AU?

Some comments first and the results of the hunt!

Thanks for all the well wishes from all and for the interesting questions and comments. KT agrees that by now most questions about CRHing are well answered in other threads.

Predictions!:?:! HA HA Ya have to be careful! The odds are low but sometimes you just get that dream box! KT's dream box is any one that produces 5 or more silvers....don't care if they are Walkers, Bens, 90% or 40% Kens. Well out of these 5 boxes, the first box was a SUPER dream box!

No Walkers or Bens, but the Kennedy clan was having a meeting and KT just cleaned em right up! When KT opened Box 1, He immediately saw a Ken ender so He opened it up a little to show the date, imaged it, and ripped into the box with gusto!

Box 1 - 21 40% Kens, 5 NIFCs

Sadly the other 4 boxes were silver devoid...someone had already raided Davey Jones locker of the silver...perhaps! :laughing::laughing:

But KT still enjoys what he finds so here is the rest:

Box 2 - 1 NIFC, 1 stinkin zincoln!!!!!:shock::shock: That darned zincoln is a negative 49 cents! :lol::lol:
Box 3 - 3 NIFCs, 1 nice 78s cameo proof
Box 4 - 2 NIFCs
Box 5 - 2 NIFCs

Box 1, of course, made the entire hunt & kept KT's enthusiasm high through the remaining skunk boxes....the actual average for all 5 boxes is a hair over 4 silvers per box tho....so KT considers this a very good hunt!

Dump of the first $1000 back at the bank yielded and additional $2.60 overage! And KT recovered 2 cut zincolns from the banks trash can, which when back at the Castle He put on the Royal anvil and flattened and deburred so they will go in the machine at the next small change drop! :lol:
Enjoy the pics! If KT was in a bit better shape, He certainly would have danced for the Royal Court upon opening that first box! But He was satified with a loud :heartylaugh: for each one as He gathered them up! The Queen was very amused!

Attachments

• CRH 05 10 2012 66 ender.JPG
    CRH 05 10 2012 66 ender.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 374
  • CRH 05 10 2012 21 40% silver halves.jpg
    CRH 05 10 2012 21 40% silver halves.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 378
  • CRH 05 10 2012 13 NIFCs.JPG
    CRH 05 10 2012 13 NIFCs.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 376
  • CRH 05 10 2012 78 proof.JPG
    CRH 05 10 2012 78 proof.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 372
  • CRH 05 10 2012 2011D zincoln -49 cents!.JPG
    CRH 05 10 2012 2011D zincoln -49 cents!.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 364
How'd it turn out KT?

I had some good finds, besides my Old Drunkard token, I found:

3 90% Kennedys
7 40% Kennedys
1 '01 Proof clad
and a pretty '97 AU?

Those gold plated halves sure are pretty, aren't they? KT has recovered 2 of them in excellent condition and 1 He passed on that the gold plate was worn nearly completely off. Franklin Mint made a set of Ken halves and one of that set was gold plated...tells me that someone broke up the set for pocket change. They are worth about $3-$4 each as a novelty coin.

Those gold plated halves sure are pretty, aren't they? KT has recovered 2 of them in excellent condition and 1 He passed on that the gold plate was worn nearly completely off. Franklin Mint made a set of Ken halves and one of that set was gold plated...tells me that someone broke up the set for pocket change. They are worth about $3-$4 each as a novelty coin.

I won a contest and someone sent me a gold plated 1964 Kennedy. You don't see many of those around!

Nice haul on the 40%ers!

I meant Almost Uncirculated, not gold-plated sorry for the confusion...:grin:

Back
Top Bottom