Best CRH book?

Tried something a bit different today and it worked...at my dump bank, when KT turned in his coin machine ticket, He asked for and received part of the money back, $200 worth, in dime rolls. Got home and hunted them and turned up 2 silver rosies....first success with other than halves. Just asked for a couple of hundred from the counter and the lady was glad to give them to me along with my hundreds..and she had plenty of rolls so it did not leave her with a shortage..

On Monday when I dump the dimes just before noon, I will ask for an additional $200 in dimes so I have something to hunt on Monday night...supposed to get a load of sleet and freezing rain late Monday and Monday night so will be good to have something to play with at home.

you're probably not going to get the full melt value when selling unless you sell to an individual who is looking to buy silver (coworkers, family members etc)

but I can't say for certain since I've never sold any of my silver

Your situation is unique. I can guarantee you that at 90% plus of the banks you can dump at that they would axe your dumping priviledges rather quickly, once they figured out what you were doing. I have 3 banks I buy coins from that all have coin machines and would never dream of dumoing at those locations, just as I would never ask to purchase coins from the locations that I dump at.

bad etiquite, probably but I doubt they can say no

having the branch manager being an ex girlfriend (still in VERY good standing) helps!

or even better - CURRENT girlfriend!

thanks yall for helping out a newbie. is the melt value what i can expect to get from a middleman or is that what the middleman will get from the refinery?

The melt value is the silver value for that given coin's silver content the day it is melted! If you sell to a middle man, then he will take some of yer profit. If you say you are a metal detectorist and turn them in to a refiner, then you will get the melt value that day...minus their refining fee which will be around 5%. Remember to send to refiners you often have to package and insure the coins so shipping of small batches will eat into your profit considerably!

Here is an example of my local coin dealer's practice concerning silver coins he sells that have no coin collector's value....$1 per ounce over daily spot...his selling price. His buying price....50% of daily spot. If the price of silver starts fluctuating wildly, he can make money both selling and buying! When prices are stable, a few people will sell to him, and a lot of people who think it may run up quickly will buy from him. But they can't come back to him if it goes up 50% and even get what they paid for it...they would have to send it to the refiner themselves to get their "profit".

Back
Top Bottom