$1700 Gold By End Of Year, $5000 By 2020

Dustyloins

In memory of...
Forum Supporter
You read it right, those were the headlines on MSN and Fox News websites yesterday. And China is due to be the #1 economy in the world in a few years.

And the beat goes on.............Goodbye yellow brick road!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Dusty

You read it right, those were the headlines on MSN and Fox News websites yesterday

Feh. MSN and Faux News are a bunch of freaging armflappers! I wouldn't even trust their weather reports! :D

I find 1700 by year's end to be fairly believable due to the global economy (which is starting to stabilize and will likely slow gold's climb), but to further claim that the price will more than triple in the next 8 years is nothing more than fanciful crystal ball speculation from the same folks who were proselytizing the high profits to be made from trading VR and balloon mortgages a decade ago.

We can all check back here to re-read this comment in 2020 and see whether I get to be smug about my skepticism or get to shoot myself! :lol:

They are probably correct in their prices for gold, however, they left out the other part.

Gas @ $12 per gallon
Milk @ $10 per gallon
higher taxes, higher utilities

And the list of increases due to worthless fiat goes on and on. :mad:

G2M

congrats to whoever bought silver in the teens and cashed out when it was hovering around 50, i'd like to see it drop down to 30 bucks again then stock up for the next run

They are probably correct in their prices for gold, however, they left out the other part.

Gas @ $12 per gallon
Milk @ $10 per gallon
higher taxes, higher utilities

And the list of increases due to worthless fiat goes on and on. :mad:

G2M

It's going to boil down to what you NEED vs what you WANT. I have a fixed 4% mortgage on my house which is worth over $200,000 based on selling prices of other houses in the neighborhood. I NEED that. I have a 4X4 pickup with a V-8 that gets 14 mpg. I WANT THAT. I have a 40 acre ranch that I let a neighbor graze his livestock on for free, yet I pay $400 in property taxes. I'm not sure if I still WANT that or not.

Make a honest list of what you need vs what you want.........you might be surprised how cheaply you can live. Not having to worry about money is a great feeling!!!

Dusty

Dusty,
Don't EVER sell land. They aren't making any more of it. It's and appreciating asset. It always has been, and always will be.

Find a renter that will pay the $400 a year and keep the fences up. Then it's a wash.

OKFarmer

If he's keeping cattle on your place,

Dusty,
Don't EVER sell land. They aren't making any more of it. It's and appreciating asset. It always has been, and always will be.

Find a renter that will pay the $400 a year and keep the fences up. Then it's a wash.

OKFarmer

Find another renter that will pay the $400 a year, keep up the fences and will give you half a calf each year! lol!
HH,
John Morton

It's going to boil down to what you NEED vs what you WANT. I have a fixed 4% mortgage on my house which is worth over $200,000 based on selling prices of other houses in the neighborhood. I NEED that. I have a 4X4 pickup with a V-8 that gets 14 mpg. I WANT THAT. I have a 40 acre ranch that I let a neighbor graze his livestock on for free, yet I pay $400 in property taxes. I'm not sure if I still WANT that or not.

Make a honest list of what you need vs what you want.........you might be surprised how cheaply you can live. Not having to worry about money is a great feeling!!!

Dusty

Good points Dusty.....

Back
Top Bottom