Had to Go out Again, A Silver "Party"

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Anytime, anyone wants to tell me to just "shut up" I will...Now that THAT is out of the way:lol:.

Cruiserkev and I went out for our planned curbstrip hunt at a local town. Cold and forecasting showers later in the morning we dutifully hit the "strips" and within a few minutes I found my first ring of the day. Rang up like silver but in the end it was just plated. Found a lot of clad and maybe 1 or 2 Wheaties and that was about it.....About 1 hour into the hunt I went over to Kev and asked him how he was doing (we typically "split" the street on either side so we can hunt together and keep eyes on in case of a good find or for safety sake). He announced that he had 2 Mercs (will let him tell that story) I was incredulous that he didn't mention something upon finding them but the Party was Started! Congrats were in order and we went back to hunting.

5 minutes after talking with Kev I found the Silver ring, beautiful and dainty little thing (weighs in at 1.6 grams) and probably destined for my wife's finger. Soon after that I hit the 1943S Merc and we continued down the main street.

At our turn around point I decided to quickly check the street "end cap" and out popped the 1090S Barber, alittle shocked that it was undiscovered to this point but we have been finding dang near record numbers of clad dimes so I can understand if someone passed on that Barber. Checked with Kev if he had any more luck and we looped back to our vehicles on an adjacent street.

I didn't find anything noteworthy on the way back (we were pushing 5 hours of hunting) but Kevin did and I will let him tell that story.

In the end I found 3 silvers (Barber, Merc and ring) 5 Wheaties 1937S - 1957Ss and a total of $6.12 in clad (my biggest land clad haul in over a year).

Kev found several silvers as well so it was our first multiple silver day while land hunting together, kinda of a personal objective of both of us.

Everyone was happy during this "party"! HH & GL out there folks!

Attachments

• 2_23 Good Finds.jpg
    2_23 Good Finds.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 215
  • 2_23 Good Finds #2.jpg
    2_23 Good Finds #2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 164
Love the look of the Sterling Ring. Congrats Paul on the Merc and the Barber Dimes plus a the Wheat's. A really fine clad total to go along with it. A very complete outing. Trapper

Nice job! Something about digging Barbers for me. Its as if its really the gateway to history and when I hit one, it changes my hunt entirely.

Congratulations

Nice silvers and wheaties. Thats a plain beautiful barber.

TY!

All the Barbers you find! Sick just sick! Congrats again.:roll::lol:

:lol: "All the Barbers you find", I wish it was as frequent as you make it sound Metal! Barbers are kinda of a rarity around these parts, more apt to get Mercs and Rosies. Appreciate the comment!

Congrats to you guys on finding lots of silver! I gotta hit me some curbstrips soon!

Thank you Wave, I think we are just lucky:roll:

Fun hunt Paul! Triple silvers and 5 wheats apiece! Can't wait to get out there again. :D

Yea we blew away the monkey on our back yesterday!!:lol:

Love the look of the Sterling Ring. Congrats Paul on the Merc and the Barber Dimes plus a the Wheat's. A really fine clad total to go along with it. A very complete outing. Trapper

As always Trapper, the ring is going to the wife. Thank You for the kind comments!

Congratulations on punching some munchkins Buddy! :laughing:

Actually it was a leprechaun :laughing:. With all the rainbows and rain around here there is a TON of treasure just sitting around in kettles and those Leprechaun little guys are slippery in the rain!!;)

Nice job! Something about digging Barbers for me. Its as if its really the gateway to history and when I hit one, it changes my hunt entirely.

Congratulations

I view finding Barbers the same way as you....this Barber was found at the tail end of my hunt, with Kev he found his Mercs within 30 minutes or so and he quarter was the last signal of the day for him. Regardless, finding silver at the start and the end of the hunt make any hunt a good one!!

Back
Top Bottom