After years of drug addiction it's good to be back

mike magill

I've had this account for years apparently I haven't logged in for 4 and a half years I went through years of meth addiction been two years sober and I bought a used at pro recently excited to back into the swing of things

I've had this account for years apparently I haven't logged in for 4 and a half years I went through years of meth addiction been two years sober and I bought a used at pro recently excited to back into the swing of things

Wow, glad that you are here and honest and strong to testify to the "before and after". Keep up the good fight !

All that bad stuff is behind you, YOU WON by beating the snot out of it! That is a bad memory now unlike Metal Detecting when was there ever a bad day not to do it?

Congrats!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Cool post Mike, sounds like you're on the right side of proud, hang in there bud...CONGRATS!

Wear that experience like a badge of courage my friend. What most don’t realize is that every day from here on out is your recovery,and some days are not easy. Having something like detecting to do is a huge help,cuz as we know,idle hands are the devils workshop!
I have a feeling that you will get MANY responses. It’s very good to see that one more has decided that enough is enough,like many of us have. My battle with painkillers went on for a long long time,and finally I got into a Suboxone program that WORKS. Sometimes it’s not easy to talk about but eventually it gets to the point that if you DONT...you will die. Damned be the opinionated,cherished be the understanding. It’s situations such as these that let you know who your friends really are.
Welcome back Mike.

....unlike Metal Detecting when was there ever a bad day not to do it?...

haha, that's what I tell my wife: Be happy THIS is my "addiction". No chasing wild women, no sitting around getting fat in front of the TV, no vices, etc... haha

Great to have better place to squander your cash! Only hobby that pays you back! Congratulations on your new life and welcome!

I am proud of you Mike !!!! :thumbsup:

I thank God for helping me get off drug and alcohol addiction over 40 years ago and help me stay off, in hindsight what I thought was having a good time was just more of a 7 day a week craving I tried to fill to try to enjoy life, it wasn't till I got away from an artificial chemical high that I could enjoy life for real ! I just want to encourage you it IS possible to stay free of that for good, so stay encouraged !

:fmdfwelcome: :wave: Welcome back from the cold & snowy state of Minnesota! :lotsasnow::snowtruck::snowballfight: Glad your doing better and staying away from them. :hi5:

Last edited:
Testify Brother and Welcome!! I must say that intro was a way to crash a Party! Took a big old dump right in the PC punch bowl! Love it! :laughing:

Yeah!...We got you here!..A lot of us here are in recovery from some sort of thing, by the grace of God and by being outdoors Metal Detecting..

Glad to hear you aint a recovering Golfer!..Theres really no hope for those peckerwoods! ..:laughing::laughing:

So yeah, hang out here with us, inspire and encourage and edify...give us some posts...we like Pics...we get you...

Northwest Ohio says welcome back. Looking forward to reading your threads and seeing the things that you have found.HH &GL

Back
Top Bottom