$100 bill roll hunt?

If you happen to come across one then cool, but to go to the bank in search of a valuable serial number is a waste of time IMO. How many 100's are you gonna get? Even if you get 100 of them, those aren't great odds you'll be pulling a good serial number worth selling and you would probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning on a sunny day than to get the 00000001 number.

Wasn't actually planning on getting any $100's just thought it was an interesting article. Anyone ever buy a lottery ticket and if so.....why?

Well, its not like you are going to lose any money on it. There is no risk, just your time. And who doesn't like having one hundred $100 bills?

Greg

obama-money.gif

Somebody already made a trip to the treasury...you're too late. Lol

Since KT gets 25 of them every week when He turns in his coins, you better bet His Majesty will be on the look out for some nice crisp ones with interesting runs of numbers! HA HA HA Just a side benefit of running that much money in CRHing!

Not worth the time imo.

Unless you have boatloads of cash (ie $10k to get a sealed bank pack), you won't pull any worthwhile serial numbers.

Plus there's the time cost of your money, tying it up for possibly no return. If you're not making your money work for you, you're losing money to inflation at the very least. Have to consider that and your time being worth something as well.
Now if you're a retiree sitting on boat loads of cash and have nothing better to do, that's a different story. But then, why would you be after profits in rarer notes if you already have tons of cash?

Not worth the time imo.

Unless you have boatloads of cash (ie $10k to get a sealed bank pack), you won't pull any worthwhile serial numbers.

Plus there's the time cost of your money, tying it up for possibly no return. If you're not making your money work for you, you're losing money to inflation at the very least. Have to consider that and your time being worth something as well.
Now if you're a retiree sitting on boat loads of cash and have nothing better to do, that's a different story. But then, why would you be after profits in rarer notes if you already have tons of cash?

Good points but if I thought my time doing something interesting/enjoyable was worth anything I wouldn't metal detect.

so far, I have 6 of them and they are all 2009 and the serial numbers are in the 46MILLION range.
What gives?

I went to 3 different banks.

One banker said that they did have them but the machines mixed them around so she couldn't give me any?

Another didn't have them yet.

And the last one had given the last ones right after I got in. :(

But they did have $490 in Half dollars and I got skunked.

Not worth the time imo.

Can you hear yourself?
U sound like my Dad. RU sure your into metal detecting cuz that is a waste of tiime too...
Not trying to be an A$$ but. Pot calling kettle comes to mind.
Do what makes you happy as long as you are not hurting anyone!!!

Can you hear yourself?
U sound like my Dad. RU sure your into metal detecting cuz that is a waste of tiime too...
Not trying to be an A$$ but. Pot calling kettle comes to mind.
Do what makes you happy as long as you are not hurting anyone!!!

Swinglow is right. It's common sense. Guess your Dad has common sense too. However, this is our opinion. That is what you get on public forums. No one said don't do what makes you happy. But there was a discussion on searching for rare serial numbers on the new 100's. So we are not allowed to think it's a waste of time and express that opinion? If opinions that differ from yours bother you, then maybe you should stay off public forums.

Back
Top Bottom