$1 crh?

How can you hunt silver dollars when dollars have been small and clad since 1979?? Prior to then the dollars were all large, now they are small, don't fit in same wrappers :/

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh. That explains it! How did i not know that? I collected coins when I was younger. Guess I forgot about that. Cheers!

They do still turn up at banks from time to time. I keep all the ikes I find.

Well, asking is a good a start, but 'sugaring up' a teller and making friends is another good way. They see different coins come through their windows and some will even save them for you. Now, I mean sincerely being friendly and genuine. Be honest and let them know that you collect OLDER coins. You don't have to actually say the word 'silver' unless you want to. I have a teller like this and I've baked her cookies. She has let me buy for face value 1 Franklin half and 1 Rosie dime. The silver is out there. Good Luck with your hunting, either at the bank or in the dirt. : )

I ask for "large dollars". I have never gotten a Peace or a Morgan, but have heard from several that have. And although I have never searched them, rolls of today's small dollars would be the perfect place to find "large cents".

I talked to a friend of mine today who works as a teller and after 2.5 years he says he's only seen 2 or 3 large dollars and not much silver (which he said he would set aside for me). I would think it would be more. Anyway, he's on the look out for the older stuff for me so hopefully I'll get a call.

Back
Top Bottom