• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Manning643

Manning643

Hello I am Manning Harvey in Charleston,SC. Recently retired and rediscovering this old hobby. Much has changed since my teens. Recently purchased Equinox 800 and minelab pin pointer. I live on and around some fantastic historical dirt. In interested in learning the hobby, relic and beach hunting. Looking for other detectorists in the Charleston, South Carolina area.

Just heads up. It is illegal to detect on any city of Charleston property. $50 fine if some hard nosed cop catches you. I don't think most of them even know about the law.

It is also illegal to detect on any of the Charleston County Parks. You can detect on the beach in front of the parks.

There is a Metal detecting club in Summerville. Lowcountry Metal Detecting Club meets the second Saturday of every month. You can find us on facebook.

Thanks for the Heads up!

I found the Summerville club website. I am also retired Navy 1975 to 1996. Submarine QM. Bancroft and Franklin. Live on James Island on old Dill Sisters property. Civil War Earth Works on property. Would love to meet you.

Welcome from Winnsboro South Carolina !!!!

I'm glad georgeinsc was aware of those laws there to alert you in advance, sounds like in that area (besides beaches) you might need to rely more on getting permissions to detect on people's private properties.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Yes I did a fair amount of research about the law before I spent the bucks to buy the Equinox. I live five minutes from the beach. I also own a boat so I plan to go to some remote beaches on Morris Island. The woods on my condo property should keep me in relics. So I think Im good for awhile as I learn my machine.

Welcome from Idaho Manning. Sounds like you have some awesome territory to hunt. Show us your finds. HH.

Welcome from Kansas

Your outfitted well with the 800. Congratulations on the retirement. You picked up a great hobby for spending your time, getting outdoors and having fun! Good luck!

Hello I am Manning Harvey in Charleston,SC. Recently retired and rediscovering this old hobby. Much has changed since my teens. Recently purchased Equinox 800 and minelab pin pointer. I live on and around some fantastic historical dirt. In interested in learning the hobby, relic and beach hunting. Looking for other detectorists in the Charleston, South Carolina area.

I found the Summerville club website. I am also retired Navy 1975 to 1996. Submarine QM. Bancroft and Franklin. Live on James Island on old Dill Sisters property. Civil War Earth Works on property. Would love to meet you.

:fmdfwelcome: We are glad to have you, and will look forward to reading your posts & hearing about your finds!

Thank you for your service to our country.

Welcome from Boston, Manning.
Charleston- where most all dug slave tags have come from, I believe. We’ll be traveling from Boston down that way in a couple months, with stops in Charleston and Savannah, GA.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom