Second Time Out With AT Max

StClair72

Not sure what to think.. It got nice here in Indiana today so I took my AT Max down into the bottom part of my property where an early 1800s grist mill used to stand. I found quite a bit of trash and zero coins or anything I would consider an exciting find. Keep in mind that my detector is my first detector I've ever owned. I know I've only got a couple of hours on it but I had hoped to find at least a penny by now. Even if it was just a 1985..lol I'm not frustrated or ready to give up by any means but it sure would be nice to know that I'm doing it right.

Don't let not finding something with a new machine stop you from having fun with the new machine. Learn to let the machine tell you what it is saying to you and become one with it.
My PI machine drives me nuts but I still pull it out to go over cleaned out areas that I hit with another MD and still find stuff.

Learning VDI numbers is important. Start with memorize the basics and get excited when a strange number comes up!

GL!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I have had a lot of fun even though I don't have a clue what I'm doing..lol The thing that is confusing me is that occasionally I will swing over a target and going to the left I will get a low number like 43 but swinging back to the right I will get a high number like 95 on the same target. It will happen over and over... When I dig it, it will be a piece of aluminum can or a piece of galvanized roofing. I dig everything because I'm learning but I wear myself out digging trash..lol

I have had a lot of fun even though I don't have a clue what I'm doing..lol The thing that is confusing me is that occasionally I will swing over a target and going to the left I will get a low number like 43 but swinging back to the right I will get a high number like 95 on the same target. It will happen over and over... When I dig it, it will be a piece of aluminum can or a piece of galvanized roofing. I dig everything because I'm learning but I wear myself out digging trash..lol
First, plant some regular coins in the ground right out the backdoor and swing over them, this will let you know what your listening for. Second, go to an area where coins are more prevalent, grist mills in the 1800's likely didn't have a large amount of coins dropped, they just didnt have much to drop back then. Of course there's some coins, but you would be better off starting at a school yard or park, where coins are dropped daily. This will give you the practice you need to hear what coins sound like. Lastly, go back to the grits mill with a better understand of what a good coin signal is VS. Trash signals. Good luck and keep us posted!

Location is a big help, if coins arent there, they just arent there.
Try a playground or soccer field or grass next to basketball courts.

Back
Top Bottom