Anyone ever cut the power line to the vibrator motor in Pro pointer AT?

relichead

Banned
I like my deteknix xpointer , has been the most reliable pin pointer ive had ..i now have 2 pro pointer at's also..the one thing i wish the garrett had was the ability to shut off the vibration...that constant vibration kills the battery faster than just sound does..why garrett made them where u cant choose either or ..or both is just stupid...sometimes i dont understand garretts thinking...anyway i havent seen the inside of a pp at. But is there a power wire that goes to vibe motor that can just be cut ..since i have 2 of them i would leave one normal and cut one...so in case i use one in deep water i could still have the one able to vibrate ..when i just had the deteknix i would always shut vibe off..and would put a piece of tape or couple layers of tape over the speaker to quiet it down if i wanted ...i would be willing to bet if the little electric vibe motor was disconnected , the 9volt batteries would last 30% longer...cuz if you ask me the pin pointers can eat alot of bats in a season :shock:.....there is just no need for me to have cconstant vibration...garrett shouldve pulled a china on deteknix and copied thier design of being able to shut off the vibe ! Has anyone disconected the vibe motor to save on batteries?
Thanks

I'm thinking it would probably be ok, but I would probably just sell it and buy another that you like. It might be the safest option

I prefer a pin pointer that vibrates. That way I do not have to remove my headphones to hear it beep. I am confused how someone who owns three pin pointers that cost approximately 100 dollars each is worried about the cost of 9 volt batteries. I get considerable use out of each battery and I detect frequently.

I prefer a pin pointer that vibrates. That way I do not have to remove my headphones to hear it beep. I am confused how someone who owns three pin pointers that cost approximately 100 dollars each is worried about the cost of 9 volt batteries. I get considerable use out of each battery and I detect frequently.

I also use vibrate only and the battery lasts me half a dozen or more several hour hunts.

Cuz the 1st pro pointer at i bought ..the button leaked .brand new .but it dried and i never sent it in for repair, works normal...so i bought another 2 yrs later and i noticed the rubber button has a different design , so i must not have been thenonly person who bought the 1st gen pp at to have a leaky rubber button..so i use that one on land ...thats the one id cut the wire to the motor of....

The day the first one leaked i just stuck it in a 8 inch brook for 10 seconds and it came out beeping..so i went home and checked the o ring..that looked fine..so then i put soapy water on the button and blew into the battery compartment...bubbles like crazy came out of the button...intended on sending it back , just never got around to it..and its worked fine ever since i let it dry..i plan on putting some shoe goo on that button ..i did that to my 1st xpointer to make that water proof..

The second pp AT ..is still new in the box

Is that why you were asking me if I knew where to find a 12v battery in a 9v size. Lol

Shhhhhhhh!:grin: Hey,did you know I got an 800? Between all the machines we collectively have and all the coils there isn’t ANY coin that’s safe! Now we have to get rid of this absolute krappp weather!! It’s going to take some getting used to but I’m hoping it’ll perhaps help in dense nails with the speed,as should the Anfibio. It’ll be a very interesting season to see what works,I can’t wait!

Shhhhhhhh!:grin: Hey,did you know I got an 800? Between all the machines we collectively have and all the coils there isn’t ANY coin that’s safe! Now we have to get rid of this absolute krappp weather!! It’s going to take some getting used to but I’m hoping it’ll perhaps help in dense nails with the speed,as should the Anfibio. It’ll be a very interesting season to see what works,I can’t wait!

That's awesome on the Nox. You know I think too many of the coins left are in those iron infested areas, and having something deep and that resets so quickly is a huge plus. Iv grabbed a couple coils for the Anfibio already and just bought another shovel....ground better than quick before us northerners run out of money lol!

Dude I'm just freaking dying with this weather. Getting like Jack Torrance in the Shinning, I have a bartender in my basement storage room that gives me advice though, so I'm all good. :laughing:

Has anyone disconected the vibe motor to save on batteries?
Thanks

I don't have any info about this, but hope you take pics and post if you do this. Others may want to follow. Not me though. I use vibrate only, unless I'm demonstrating for someone. The $1 dollar store 9V will last for a lot of hunts. The $5 or $6 ones last longer, but not likely more than twice the life. I haven't done a proper study, but it seems 2 or maybe 3 cheap batteries will handle a solid detecting season. My season is only about 8 months.

Back
Top Bottom