Old Farm Stead

NC7011

Hoping to go hunt an old farm stead this weekend. There are a couple of old houses and several old log, possibly hand hued, storage/stable structures. I know that I will need to set some discriminations on my F-22. What ID sections would be best suited for the area. It has not been searched that I know of. Don't have much history on the property. Thanks for any advice. I hope to update after the weekend with pics.

That sounds like a nice location; I hope it produces well for you! Looking forward to those updates! :waytogo:

My farm hunts haven't been good, but hope yours is better. Lots of iron because farmers have a tendency to make piles of things they may use later. Also, why pay to haul things to a dump when you have land?

Coins are also tough to come by as you only had on you if heading to town. Otherwise it was just something in your pocket to lose.

Hoping to go hunt an old farm stead this weekend. There are a couple of old houses and several old log, possibly hand hued, storage/stable structures. I know that I will need to set some discriminations on my F-22. What ID sections would be best suited for the area. It has not been searched that I know of. Don't have much history on the property. Thanks for any advice. I hope to update after the weekend with pics.

A video showing some ID of targets of interest to detectorist using F22 detector.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nnAAnHEXciY

Here’s a video showing silver depth and masking test. This gent in this video is very good at detecting and does good videos. Some great intel can be gathered here in this video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fyhp9g_WBbE

You farmstead.
Scout around and see where most nonferrous seems exist. Where most iron seems exist. Study landmarks like dwellings, well house, hen house, sidewalk, entry way of auto, auto parking area, bigger trees. Consider north and east side side soon of house to be odds on favorite for lost items. Any narrower passage ways caused by obstacles yet passable by walking- these good places to look. Will take you more than one hunt. Let your detector tell you about human movement/congregating generally on site.

Last edited:
Thanks for the videos and encouragement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I forgot to post an update, sorry about that. Found some iron items. Most interesting was a Police Bulldog padlock, in rough shape.
12880bcf5144621f81ceab3476946283.jpg
499672532b0dbff5d964d8a503b7efd4.jpg
f186fb86e0415d421963c78670e7bab6.jpg
1434311dae178da6ed063a9e6ccfbc2f.jpg
837dcd408e1cc54e308f3a86ad5c6d0d.jpg
b261668f92b66bcc0284ce94070f5f59.jpg

Back
Top Bottom