Poison Ivy

Playsndirt

Elite Member
Was detecting a park, around some big oak trees, in shorts didn't even think about the vines clinging to the tree and on the ground until 2 days later when it dawn on me I found Poison Ivy, I have it on my face,belly legs and arms.Its been many a years last time I had it. so as they say, Be careful out there and watch the folige. or you can be next. HH and GL.

That is miserable. They say it's here where I live in the U.P. but never seen it. Don't like the no shoulder things (snakes) either although very seldom do you see one. Hope that dries up for you soon.

I've been fortunate enough to never have had a case of poison ivy in my whole life. I know what it looks like and make sure to not come in contact with it.

The worst poison ivy case I ever suffered (doctor visit worthy) came after digging in the ground where the roots were. It was springtime, before the new plants came up. I didn't know it at the time, but later discovered I was digging right in the middle of a thick patch of the stuff!
Careful digging out there too!

My worst case of poison was while hunting groundhogs in ohio with a 32 cal muzzleloading rifle. One boss hog had eluded us for a couple of years and I was determined that I was going to get him I crawled to where I could see his hole thru the weeds and laid there for about 45 minutes before he raised his head. Next morning I was one solid blister from my chin to below my belt. Md wrote a RX for Lidex which is a steroidal cream. That stuff worked miracles. Never did figure out what kind of poison I had been exposed to as I had looked for poison ivy and oak.

I grew up really allergic to poison ivy to the point I would get big weeping blisters on my arms and hands. Found out there isn't and poison ivy in Hawaii so I put down roots but every time I visit home in NH I have to be extra careful and wash with warm very soapy water ever time i come out of the woods.

The smoke from burning poison ivy is as bad or worse.. Numil I'm in the same boat. I took shots for it when I was a kid, full year. My dad a farm boy could pull it out with bare hands and only get red hands. I became very good at treating and bandaging myself.

Couldn't take it any longer,went to my Dr. today,he is a chicken soup Dr, he doesn't believe in giving meds, he is all natural fix, but after he saw me ,no questions ask, gave me a prescription for steroid pills, he said I was a mess and new I was hurting. sure hope they work and soon. after thing about how I was dressed ,I remember I wasn't wearing gloves to start with and it was several hours later before I wash up. that's all it took. you all becarefull now..thanks cellr ill buy the pricey spray and keep it with me.

Thank you for the warning! I am so sorry to hear you're going through this! :( I will definitely be praying for you. Here's something you could also try: poison oak/ivy soap... we've heard really good reports on it. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Keep in mind..

Everything you touched that day may very well be contaminated with the oil, and can affect you for over two years unless cleaned off..

Boot laces, steering wheel, digger blade and handle, etc...

I am allergic to it too, but I can spot it from two miles away at midnight on a foggy new moon night..

Dish soap cuts the oil as good as anything really..

Good luck!!

<°)))>{

Poison ivy

If I get with in 100 feet of it I seem to get it. Thankfully I live in an area where it doesn't grow but with global warming I am sure it is on its way north. My brother could roll naked in it and not get it. When was a kid my friend did his business in the woods and wiped his butt with it. He didn't sit down for a week.

Back
Top Bottom