Class Ring's Owner Found

falafal

A few days ago I found two rings while metal detecting in a local park. The first was costume jewelery and the second was a high school class ring from 2008. The owner had his full name inscribed inside the band. I looked up about a dozen people in the phone book with the same last name. I called all numbers and had to leave a message on four of the numbers. Sunday morning I received a call from the fellow who lost the ring. He described the ring and I agreed to me him in the park where I found the ring. He lives in the same neighborhood. He recalled taking the ring off and leaving it on his porch and didn't remember when he had lost it. He thought someone stole it off his porch. I told him I found it in the park and it had probably been there for some time since it was completely buried 2 inches deep. He was very appreciative when I returned the ring. I asked him if he knew of any houses that were built pre-1950's that I could get permission to detect. Turns out his house was built in 1970, but he knew of a lot where people gathered and hung out and I could follow him there down the street. Turns out it was overgrown with tall weeds and didn't look promising. Oh well, at least he was happy to get his ring back.

That's great with Gold around 900 a troy ounce it's hard to return things but in the end you did the right think Great job and congrats. I hope you got a picture. I have a wedding band and have been hunting for about a month to find the owner. It really bothers me seeing it setting here on my desk. ICE

Ice--
I posted the pics on mind blowing finds a couple days ago. It wasn't a gold class ring it was made from Celestrium (stainless steel). It was made by Balfour. I looked the style up on their website and it starts at $319. It had Josh on one side with a pic of a guitar and a Bmx ridder on the other. With wedding bands with no name I'd just sell the gold and buy a piece of metal detecting equipment.

Back
Top Bottom