Advice on choice for first detector.

Hoppy

Was going to buy a detector about a year ago and decided to wait, I am now ready and trying to decide on my purchase
Wanting one I can use on land and at the beach. I am looking at the fisher f 70 for a cheaper model or the Garrett at max and Makro multi kruzer for my max purchase price area.
Does anyone have any experience with these models or any suggestions on other detectors to look at under the $700 price range?
Thanks for any advice.

I use a Nox now and love it, but I also have an F70 I have used for several years and still using it...and still loving it.
And I have way over 1000 hours with it, maybe 2000.
It paid for itself within the first year and continued to do that after.
The Technics Patriot IS the old, discontinued F70 only with a new paint job and you can get it for $399...shipped.

It is a great all around for land or the beach, you can even get into the water with it and it can balance down to salt but it isn't waterproof.
A great unit you can grow with and it can find a ton.
Still the best value for the money out there so if money is a thing but you still want upper level abilities and performance at a mid level price look hard at this one.
If someone is trying to sell you an F70 for $700 run away quickly.

If you are at the beach a lot and want to get into the water without worry the Nox is waterproof.
The AT Pro is too and proven and the Kruzer seems like it might get popular but you will pay more for them.

All work great, the Nox works very well but you pay for the extras on those others like multi frequency, waterproofing and other things but still a good value if those are features that are important to you.

Back
Top Bottom