digging tool

Bounder

I'm looking to buy a digging tool to replace my trowel. Any opinions on the lesche or garrett? I don't want any of the small shovel types, just the one handers. I am interested in the handle strength.

I'm pretty new to detecting but took the myriad recommendations for Lesche. For the past 2 weeks I've severely abused it and have to say I'm not sorry at all. It's stood up to a lot of roots and Rocky soil without batting an eye. It's built far tougher than any garden trowel I've ever held.

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

I had a Garrett digger and the point wore down in no time. I bought a White's Digmaster and it's superior to the Garrett in my opinion. The point has stayed sharp and the sides are much sharper for cutting small tree roots than the Garrett. Lesche seems to be the "glamour" digger on this and other forums but if you put a White's Digmaster side by side to the Lesche, the White's is a lot sturdier looking. Can't rate the Lesche because I've never used one but I think either the White's for sure and possibly the Lesche would be a better choice than the Garrett.

Last edited:
I really like my Lesche and I swapped out the grip and put a good bicycle handle grip off a mountain bike on it and things really improved. I also have had the Garrett and it broke right away. I also have the Whites digger and it is a bit heavy but works well. Good luck in your choice.

I got this one from Buzz Wilson. He sells "The Bomb Sheath" among other stuff. This is one tough digger and is built to last. Had mine for close to 5 years and still going strong!

Attachments

• IMG_20190725_150306603.jpg
    IMG_20190725_150306603.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 555
Thanx all for your input. My trowel is all cast in one piece so strength has never been an issue but it doesn't do well on even small tree roots. I am leaning toward the lesch and will order one today.

I like and use the Predator Tools model 75(C). Its basically the same as the Lesche except it has a more comfy grip with a storage compartment inside. Same great quality as the Lesche. Made by the same guy who created the Lesche.

Numbers don't lie. A good Lesche is a good investment. I only know that because of the numbers of good feedback comments I've read/heard about them. I do know first hand, though, that the White's Digmaster is a good investment too. Both serrated edges rip through the little roots, and saw through bigger ones. All the strength you should need. Comfortable handle too.

I'm happy with my lesche. Not exactly cheap, but well worth the extra dollars. Don't waste your time and money buying cheap tools from hardware stores. They won't last nearly as long.

My Lesche is awesome. That being said, if I had the scratch, I'd like to eventually try a Predator. Not cheapo tools though. You'll love the Lesche! I took the blade side of mine to a bench grinder (lightly!) and sharpened it so it cuts like butta.

I took the plunge and ordered the lesche. Should be here by Tuesday. Little costly but cheaper than a backhoe and a case of dynamite.

I think you will like the Lesche. Mine has dug thousands upon thousands of plugs over the past number of years and still going strong. I have one in reserve just in case and it is beginning to complain about not being used.

You simply cannot go wrong with Lesche or Predator Digging tools. I have used both and they simply are as tough as they come and work as advertised.

Lovin all the input and look forward to using the lesche. I dug up a key that says "do not duplicate" on it so I will need something to dig up the box of gold it surely goes to, (haha".

Back
Top Bottom