bit of a problem

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Hey Cliff..... can I break it or what? Thought id beat everyone out this morning and since Tim wasnt hunting maybe get some gold. Got in 30 min. And my 2 piece plunger shaft called it a day for me. Not another hunter in sight and im 40 min. From home. Looks like karma was a B**** today.

Dew

Attachments

• 20141024_082332.jpg
    20141024_082332.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 438
I hate that, long ride home....thing is you know you missed gold....

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Dew, what the heck? how in the world did that happen? CF can snap but you would have to be putting a lot of weight on it while you were digging,,,,,,you are a pretty small guy to do that,,,I am shocked,,,,,,I guess guys like you need to bring a back up scoop, handle, machine, battery, and the kitchen sink,,,,:lol:I just looked on the web cam and thought, where the heck is he? you are right, not one hunter out there today,,,,,feeling bad for you,,,,you got to stop being so hard on your toys,,,,:laughing:GL HH

I wasnt leaning on it, i was swinging the heck out of it like always. I was trying to get ur done before the tide and those bigger waves came it. Joe.... man dont say that.... id like to think on the positive side, there wasnt any gold out there and i needed a carbon fiber shaft anyway.:lol: Going to check with Bill and see if he will just do a shaft for me without all the attachments. Cant carry a second machine with me because i drive a jeep. Best not leave anything in a jeep you dont mind someone taking. Ive even had the upper windows stolen.

Dew

Well that stinks. Do you have the original shaft to use until a replacement comes? Hope so. I think most of us have gone on road trips and forgot something or something has happened. I know I have gone on a few. I just laugh and know I probably have another day.

SD.... yes, i have a custom CF shaft and 2 back up machines. So i wont be using that crappy factory set up. Ive gotten so used to Joe's PP set up thou. I hate to tare it all down and put this machine on that shaft. At this point thou im spoiled so i guess ive got some work to do. Ill try and get Bill to make me just a shaft with out all the goodies. If that dont happen ..... looks like ill be ordering a stick of CF rod.

Dew

I think that is my old shaft. Got it with my used Excal 2 years ago from Tony in Florida. After I got my carbon fiber I sold it to Cliff. You know those aluminum shafts corrode on the inside. If you got it from Cliff then it has a LOT of miles on it. That shaft has been to the Caribbean with Tony and he had it for some time before I bought the machine. I used it on many many beaches all over Florida. I found my Rolex with that shaft and quite a lot of gold. :laughing: After using carbon fiber that sucker felt like it weighed 20 pounds. :lol:

IMA..... no i bought the shaft a couple years back from Plugger (Bill). I was just letting Cliff know hes not the only one who can tear stuff up.:laughing: Trust me..... that shaft had a LOT of mile on it to. Not a lot of difference in balance than my CF just because the CF is extended a good bit farther. I can really cover some ground with it. Ive used this one so much ive worn the powder coating off it. Yes you are right..... they blister inside. The problem was the old lock he used to use broke.... so i put his new style on. But it left that large hole, i should have just cut some of the shaft off which i may just do now...... naaaa time to upgrade to CF.

Dew

Ouch....guess between you and me, we can keep the MDing accessory companies in business....
At least the only thing that broke for me today was the darn camera I bought this year....figures too, the dolphins were putting on quite a show today since the camera was in the car.

Maybe what you need is a CF rod with a solid fiberglass center then maybe you won't break it!:laughing:

IMA, that travel rod I bought from you is still in use.....well, its still in the closet with an Excal attached to it.....actually it did make it in the water two weeks ago.

Cliff

Took it apart and it broke a few inches from the end, so i was able to just cut it off and put the lower rod back in it. So im good until i can get me another shaft. Ill get that ordered from Bill or the CF company. Life is goood.

Dew

Dew, I know you can't keep stuff in the jeep and I don't blame you but if you had a couple of aluminum tent stakes (not sure where you can get them) and a roll of Gorilla Duct Tape stashed in that jeep, you could have MacGyver'd the shaft by splinting it and taping....it would have saved the hunt..

Glad you have it temporarily repaired until the new CF shaft gets there.

Cliff

i own carbon fiber shafts i bought from plugger for my excal 2 and my 800 maybe try that dew instead of aluminum

I wasnt leaning on it, i was swinging the heck out of it like always. I was trying to get ur done before the tide and those bigger waves came it. Joe.... man dont say that.... id like to think on the positive side, there wasnt any gold out there and i needed a carbon fiber shaft anyway.:lol: Going to check with Bill and see if he will just do a shaft for me without all the attachments. Cant carry a second machine with me because i drive a jeep. Best not leave anything in a jeep you dont mind someone taking. Ive even had the upper windows stolen.

Dew

Well Dew,,,,,,like ML told you,,,,,you hunt way too much,,,,,:lol:feel for you buddy,,,,,you know what I went through with scoop baskets and handles,,,,I was beginning to think I was the only gorilla,,,,,,really surprised you didn't put the PP switch in with the CF shaft you have,,,,,,the bright side, you are right, there was no gold there,,,;),,,,,,and it gives you a reason to upgrade both shafts,,,,just take a couple of those bands out of your giant treasure chest and all is good,,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom