What would you do?

firewxman

Forum Supporter
Hi all...

I would like to occasionally detect freshwater lakes next summer. I currently own a E-trac...

Would you sell the e-trac and buy a new Minelab CTX-3030? Or would you keep the E-trac and buy a new AT-Pro for the water hunts?

WHY?

Advantages I see with selling the E-trac and buying a CTX-3030...staying in the minelab family, less of a learning curve and getting some awesome technology!

AT-Pro, would need to spend some time learning a new machine, but if I kept the E-trac and purchased the AT-Pro, it'll be less of an impact on my wallet.

Advice is welcome but please let's not make this thread into a peeing contest...let's face it, all three machines are good!

Much the best!

Keep

The E-trac, and just get a Atpro, the CTX3030 is over priced, along with the extras, after the warranty expires :shock: I see many selling the CTX , and going back to the E-trac, happy hunting Earl

go with the PRO.
I have heard some concern over the CTX in water.
I know I would be nervous with such an expensive machine in the drink:yes:

Owner of CTX-I don't take it in the water anymore. It really liked to leak around the speaker where the computer port is. So I would go Etrac and Pro. I have the ATpro-great fresh water machine

You could just add a Fisher 1280X to your E-trac, then you'd be good for land and have a fresh water machine that can go deeper than 10ft. The notch disc capability of the ATP really isn't of much use in the water, because you're going to dig/scoop everything above iron anyway to not miss gold. You can find a 1280 for about half of the cost of an ATP (I paid $250 for mine in the hard case).

I say get an ATP....

An ATP if used properly, in the right spots, will find enough loot to buy whatever machine you want moving forward..

Just stay out of Lake Erie!

<*)))>{

I had the same trouble and went with a AT Gold. I seldom use it but when I need a water machine I have one. Hard to leave the Etrac in the case. There is one right now in the want ads for a GREAT deal.

Shaun,
I have owned the AT Pro. It is a great machine in and out of the water. I would recommend going that route. A lot lighter than the CTX too.

Overwhelmingly it's the AT Pro! I appreciate everyone's feedback...it sounds as if the AT will complement my E-trac well.

I will stay away from Lake Erie!

Much the best!

I would get an AT Pro or AT Gold instead of selling the Etrac and buying a CTX. If you use the AT in the water there shouldn't be much of a learning curve because you are pretty much going to retrieve everything. You would have 2 pretty good land detectors, a good fresh water detector and save yourself a lot of money. If you do well finding jewelry in the water you can sell the jewelry and finance a CTX later.:D

Back
Top Bottom