Hydrogen Peroxide Boil(Video)

itsjames2011

Had a few folks as me how I have been getting my Indian Head's to look so good so I decided to make a video showing the process.

This process is amazing... I hate a no date wheatie and when I finished this process it turned out to be a semi-key 1922D... thanks again!!!

Thanks for the video. I used this method on some of my coins and it worked great. Thanks again !

Thanks James, Iv'e used HP before but never have brought it to a boil.
Was not sure how it would react. Will have to try this.

Just a tip...If you don't have baking soda on hand or need something a little more abrasive, use sugar. It will not scratch the coins and works great after a peroxide boil ;)

It seems the peroxide cleans better when it's real hot so I watch for coffee cup heaters on yard sales.( The kind you plug in and set on a desk). They work great to keep it nice and hot and usually cost less the a dollar

Yes, I can confirm that it works and can give nice results. If you aren't patient you can try stronger version of it - typical hydrogen peroxide has about 3% concentration, but you can obtain (well, at least in Poland I don't know how it looks like in US) 30% one. It's stronger, but you also should be careful since it can give you a nasty chemical burns. First time I wasn't careful enough and few minutes later skin on my fingers was white and it was a bit painful ;)

I forgot to ask, and maybe the vid told but I don't have speakers to listen right now, but I'm wondering how effective it'd be with a handful (or more) of coins. Or is it best to do one at a time?

I forgot to ask, and maybe the vid told but I don't have speakers to listen right now, but I'm wondering how effective it'd be with a handful (or more) of coins. Or is it best to do one at a time?

One at a time is better unless you use a lot of peroxide at a time.
It takes a certain amount of peroxide to react with the oxidation on each coin depending on the condition of the coin.

I was afraid you would say that...I ran all my clad through a HF tumbler and they're brown/dirty still (mostly due to me not changing the media often enough). Guess I'll be stocking up on HP .

Back
Top Bottom