Anyone using the robo handle on a scoop or shaft?

Good post InSheperdsArms Always like to see new ideas.

I like to keep my scoop simple just a wooden handle and only use a tether in rough water but that pic of the detector really got me thinking.

Been trying to work out how to reduce the effort of holding the coil up.
Never even crossed my mind to fit the handle under the shaft. The weight of the coil would rest on the top of your fist so you wouldn't need to hold on so tight, for guys like me who have carpal tunnel that could be a big plus.

I wouldn't use a loop like the one on that detector, just turn the standard cuff with a velcro strap around. In a way it would be like a forward pistol grip on a military style shotgun.
I make my own straight shafts and cuffs, so easy to try out.

Would only work with negative buoyancy coils in water though. Not good for the standard DF coil.

Would be cool to have one of these pistol grips :yes:

The guy in the video sure has a lot to figure out...

He is still shaking out every scoop instead of checking the hole first to see if the target is still there...

He also plays "catch and release", no pouch, I saw him toss at least one target back in the drink... I would like to make him eat that stuff he tossed back..

I will say however, mounting the ATP like that should be fine (for him) for the water.. I never touch or even look at mine once I start.. No ground balance, no pinpoint, sound only...

I don't like that handle but everyone's different...

<*)))>{

The guy in the video sure has a lot to figure out...

He is still shaking out every scoop instead of checking the hole first to see if the target is still there...

He also plays "catch and release", no pouch, I saw him toss at least one target back in the drink... I would like to make him eat that stuff he tossed back..

I will say however, mounting the ATP like that should be fine (for him) for the water.. I never touch or even look at mine once I start.. No ground balance, no pinpoint, sound only...

I don't like that handle but everyone's different...

<*)))>{

I know he ruined that scoop. Will say that the best way to market something, is make it look like something that was working for 25 years doesn't work. And you need to buy something that does.

I went to the site Cliff showed me. Enlarging the picture the clamp... if its like the metal one will rust and definitely cut the heck out of your hand if you spend much time out there. yThe cuff isnt tight enough to provide much help so you will be doing most of the work with our wrist and forearm. It cant be well balanced.... just think about the CZ21 and its balance. On a scoop..... its just plain awkward and you are right..... to many motions to make it faster recovery.

Dew

The cuff isnt tight enough to provide much help so you will be doing most of the work with our wrist and forearm.

X2

The cuff isnt tight enough to provide much help so you will be doing most of the work with our wrist and forearm.

X2

I agree about the cuff and no adjustment, I use mine tight to help with my elbow..... however what I was saying earlier in a post was that they have a HANDLE without the cuff that COULD work on straight shafts and give us another option for a handle other than bicycle handles. Just thought it should be looked into SO I'm the guinea pig, I bought one medium for a straight shaft and one large for an assist handle for the scoop......IF anyone can break things other than Dew, its me.....I'll let everyone know what I find out on them.
I did email the people and found out the wing nut fastener on the handle is stainless and can be positioned away from the hand so you won't have it interfere with your grip.

The only one who's going to really benefit from this handle will be somebody with a bad knees or bad back.I have no use for this type handle or any other handle for that matter......I like sliding my hand up and down on the handle.šŸ˜

Good post InSheperdsArms Always like to see new ideas.

I like to keep my scoop simple just a wooden handle and only use a tether in rough water but that pic of the detector really got me thinking.

Been trying to work out how to reduce the effort of holding the coil up.
Never even crossed my mind to fit the handle under the shaft. The weight of the coil would rest on the top of your fist so you wouldn't need to hold on so tight, for guys like me who have carpal tunnel that could be a big plus.

I wouldn't use a loop like the one on that detector, just turn the standard cuff with a velcro strap around. In a way it would be like a forward pistol grip on a military style shotgun.
I make my own straight shafts and cuffs, so easy to try out.

Would only work with negative buoyancy coils in water though. Not good for the standard DF coil.

Would be cool to have one of these pistol grips :yes:

Yeah I was thinking if the handle was under the coil it would balance pretty well. I may have to purchase this to try it out. I was hoping someone already owned one to tell me if its worth the purchase.

Cant wait to see how you have to mod it Cliff.:lol: Anytime ive ever used one of those adjustable clamps..... ive ended up cutting myself. Screws on carbon fiber shaft..... id be surprised that they hold.... in my case they wouldnt. I just really put a lot of pressure on that handle when swinging it.... especially during the winter when we have a swift long shore drift. I tell you Cliff.... best looking handle ive seen is the Andersons.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom