Mid-Afternoon Hunt...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I may have to change my name to Gold Slumpy like Earl calls me :laughing:

It was supposed to rain all day.. we were lucky to have any clouds in the sky but as I was heading out for a hunt it got very dark.. walking down the beach I was watching the sky for lightning that never showed up...

I worked an area that was ground down in the wet gravel... most of the targets were only 1 scoop except for the lead which I had to work for...

7 silver, 4 buffalo nickels, 1 V-nickel was the best of it... what is left of the Cross pen is marked 14k gold filled...

It was a enjoyable hunt and pain free :lol: More brass, copper and lead scrap :yes:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 461
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 539
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 448
Wow! You have found more buffalos in one hunt than I have found in my 'career'. Maybe we should start calling you 'Bill'. LOL! Congrats!

We sure aren't setting the world on fire down here by any means,,,,at least you are digging targets,,,,I am starting to think it is time to start throwing coins out in the water when I go hunt just to hear targets and have stuff to dig,,,,,,:roll:those old coins you guys get are cool,,,,,GL HH

Wow! You have found more buffalos in one hunt than I have found in my 'career'. Maybe we should start calling you 'Bill'. LOL! Congrats!

I try hunting off the beaten path leaving regular beaches alone for the most part... doing this usually gets me into older stuff... I have 40 buffalo's this year to go a long with a dozen V's and 4 shield nickels... I tumble them then put them back in circulation.

The government should be paying us for the removal of all lead from the water or at least buying it from us..Nice dig on the olds silvers, always a welcome site in my sifter..:thumbsup:

You east coat guys are hardcore...too many rocks and too much lead for me. :lol: Those silvers make it worth it though I guess eh...nice work! :yes:

For a second there though you had been hunting my lead beach :lol: but you got way too many coins and old silver :yes:
Nice score Craig :grin:

Nice finds. What is with the really tiny saw in picture 1? It looks like a rope-cutting wristwatch accessory from a James Bond film.

The government should be paying us for the removal of all lead from the water or at least buying it from us..Nice dig on the olds silvers, always a welcome site in my sifter..:thumbsup:

I wouldn't mind a big chuck of plat like you pulled this year but where I hunt the chances are a 99% impossibility ;)

Wished we had that pile of lead to dig.....that would mean something around here has moved. Looks like the only way we are going to get a near shore ditch is dig one.:lol: You always slay it on the old coins....we rarely see them either. How colds the water up there now?

Dew

I'd settle for the sinkers. Can't hit the heavy sinker spots since October is Big Flounder month and you may get a hook or a beat down for scaring the Flounder off.:lol: May change my name to "Total Slumpy"?

Back
Top Bottom