Pulse Induction: Tesoro Sand Shark

Bobbypins SCREAM at me from 18" away.

I think this is where the problem started. Many of us seasoned hunters that have owned MANY machines, including Tesoros, have a hard time respecting a statement like that and why would it even be made in the first place if it wasn't to start a "my detector is better than your detector" conversation?

Posting a nice gold find with what depth it was found at might bring a little more respect. JMHO

By the way, I don't own either one of the PI's mentioned. I own a 3rd brand that was not mentioned, that preforms very well for me.

Here is a noob question for you guys...

What is difference between mono coil(df pi?) and printed circuit (sand shark)?

Most curious about the tesoro coil, whats the difference from other PIs with mono coils?

Ohh, they are actually using printer circuit board instead of winding wires for the coil.. I see. Thanks.

Nice Hunt Today

Got out to Jones Beach on Long Island, and was in the water at 5:10am. Low tide came around 6am. Started off real slow, lots of small pieces of fish hooks and junk screaming at me. Then I started hitting the hoop earrings. By 8am, the tide was really screaming in and I went dry. Found a couple of nickels and lots of trash, then I found "Joe's" Ipod in about 5" of sand - It Works! (Joe, if you are out there and can tell me the artists on it I'll return it to you). Dug about 15" for a little multi-colored wire heart. A nice 4.5-hour hunt on the Atlantic!
index.php

Got out to Jones Beach on Long Island, and was in the water at 5:10am. Low tide came around 6am. Started off real slow, lots of small pieces of fish hooks and junk screaming at me. Then I started hitting the hoop earrings. By 8am, the tide was really screaming in and I went dry. Found a couple of nickels and lots of trash, then I found "Joe's" Ipod in about 5" of sand - It Works! (Joe, if you are out there and can tell me the artists on it I'll return it to you). Dug about 15" for a little multi-colored wire heart. A nice 4.5-hour hunt on the Atlantic!

You are hunting areas that are loaded with deep soft sand... you will be lucky to find deeper gold in these spots... everything you posted is light junk... go deeper, feel for troughs and depressions.. walk on your heels.. if they sink in even a couple inches keep moving until you find firm sand underfoot...

Thanks Craig!

You are hunting areas that are loaded with deep soft sand... you will be lucky to find deeper gold in these spots... everything you posted is light junk... go deeper, feel for troughs and depressions.. walk on your heels.. if they sink in even a couple inches keep moving until you find firm sand underfoot...

Thank's Craig!:cool:

Jones Beach 6-27-11

A fantastic day at Jones Beach on Long Island this morning. Absolutely beautiful, and a lot of folks out early detecting! I counted at least seven Minelabs on the beach, a few Whites, and my Shark! Started off very slow, pulling wire and hooks. As the tide began to lower the clad began to sound off. I was fortunate to meet several fellas this morning, including Joe! Little did I know we would share an interesting experience just an hour later!

I continued to grid the beach from the high tide mark down into the knee-deep water, then back up again. Dug some more garbage, then hit the hoop earring in the water. A few minutes later, Joe and another fella are coming back down the beach, and we stop and talk. While Joe will remember the other fella's name, I was pretty.. well, let's just say I'm forgetful! A-N-Y-W-A-Y, Joe had found the PARTNER to my hoop just up the beach! Freaky! The Exact match. Wow! So while I can't retire yet, it was a priceless day on the beach finding new hunting buds!!

Attachments

• j273.jpg
    j273.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 420
  • j272.jpg
    j272.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 415
  • jones62711.jpg
    jones62711.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 412
  • j271.jpg
    j271.jpg