Nice clad, a presidential, and another silver!

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
Went to a quad softball field over the last two days, spending a couple of hours hunting each time I was there. I wanted to see how well the coin population had grown seeing that these fields get a lot of use in the spring and summer. Its been getting into the mid 40s around here lately, so the good time to hunt is between 12pm to 4pm. Yesterday I did a random check through one of the ball fields, and where the fans would sit outside of the third base line. I did pretty well with the clad, and highlighted the day with a Washington dollar. Today I went back to grid the fan area to see what else I could dig up. One of the first finds was the nice silver ring!

101_5786.jpg

101_5790.jpg

Cold weather hunting for me has been good for finding the silver lately, but not so good on the hands and fingers. I like to take a hand warmer, and put it in my left palm under the glove. It does a pretty good job of keeping my left hand warm, and its small enough not to be annoying when I swing. Thanks for looking, and HH!

Nice work TJ but not any fresh Summertime drops except the nickels! Thats a very bad omen! You did good though, I'd sure expect to see more shineys from a big crowd in the Summer...but that aint the case anymore around here either!

I use these Hotfeet thingys inside my gloves, on account of they are smaller than the Hothands...plus they have an adhesive to stick right on the grip of my rig if I want, or the top of my head, or the side of my coffeecup, or inside of my underpants depending on how cold it is of course!..:laughing:.

Attachments

• hot hands.jpg
    hot hands.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 92
  • hot hands1.jpg
    hot hands1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 91
Congrats on all the finds...it all adds up!

Thank you

Nice silver ring!

Thank you

Nice work TJ but not any fresh Summertime drops except the nickels! Thats a very bad omen! You did good though, I'd sure expect to see more shineys from a big crowd in the Summer...but that aint the case anymore around here either!

I use these Hotfeet thingys inside my gloves, on account of they are smaller than the Hothands...plus they have an adhesive to stick right on the grip of my rig if I want, or the top of my head, or the side of my coffeecup, or inside of my underpants depending on how cold it is of course!..:laughing:.

Thanks Mud, most of the coins were just under the grass, or dirt. I only dug about 6 or 7 beyond that. We hit that patch pretty hard 2 or 3 years ago. They had this complex locked up so you had to find out when it was opened. This year they took that gate off. :yes: Thanks for the tip on the hot feet, Ill have to look into them...still, I dont think Ill put one inside my under pants since I dont want to be dancing around from the pain. :shock:

Nice work tommy. Glad the weather has not shut you down Those hot hands or hot toes do not get hot enough to be uncomfortable. I use them when I go up to WV to harvest a couple deer over Thanksgiving

Back
Top Bottom