Coin roll hunting - NICKELS

thidwick1

Hi all,
My work schedule's changed, so I haven't been able to get out detecting as much as I like. My free time now is mostly in the wee hours, so I've taken to some hardcore coin roll hunting. I've been doing mostly nickels and half dollars.
Here's some highlights of my nickel hunting. The pictures below are the highlights of the equivalent of between 20 and 25 $100 boxes of nickels:
Picture 1-3) I've been working on trying to put together a 1938-61 set from circulation. I'm getting pretty close! :grin:
Picture 4) I've pulled some surprisingly old stuff out. The oldest is the V nickel, from 1912.
Picture 5) Here's a few of the foreign coins I've pulled. I also have gotten probably several dozen Canadian nickels (fear the beaver!)
Picture 6) I've been hunting primarily for the silver, in addition to finishing the set. In addition to the 10 coins in the folder, here's 18 extra for a total of 28. I have to confess, most of these were pulled one day when I went to the bank and they didn't have a box on hand. The teller gave me $100 in loose rolls from (I assume the back of) the vault instead. In those 50 rolls, I pulled 20 silver nickels.
I post my half dollar finds in the next few days.
Hope you all are getting out detecting more than I am!!

Attachments

• crh1.jpg
    crh1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 8,395
  • crh2.jpg
    crh2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 6,763
  • crh3.jpg
    crh3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 7,274
  • crh4.jpg
    crh4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 5,831
  • crh5.jpg
    crh5.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 5,812
  • crh6.jpg
    crh6.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 5,975
Welcome to coin roll hunting thidwick1! It's my little haven of fun and a great way to find silver at face value. Looks like you've been doing great in nickels. Try dimes too, those customer wrapped rolls always yield some silver for me. You got some real nice nickels there too. I wish I could find those beauties ;). Good luck on your future hunts!

Congrats on that nice collection of silver nickels and those 'oldies' too. You just gotta love those old rolls from the back of the vault. I found 7 Rosies in one roll yesterday! Good Luck on future hunts, whether CRH or digging. : )

I've been doing the same thing... I have both the 1938-61 and the 62-1993 books full of nickels from circulation. Most of the ones from the late 80's early 90's are ones I pulled from rolls when I was kid so they are darn near BU. I had a lot of the earlier date nickels in high grade too including a PDS set of 1938's, but they were stolen by a "friend" who was house sitting while we were on vacation. It was only a kid's collection so it wasn't very valuable, but it was very discouraging and basically stalled my collecting for 10 years.

Back
Top Bottom