Seatrec 1:Anyone heard of this detector?

RustyRelix

Hi guys,first post:

My Uncle found a metal detector at the local waste transfer facility(dump) last summer and I haven't been able to find any info on it or anyone who has ever heard of the company.I ask that you bear with me as I know little about metal detectors in general.I've been trying to get a photo of it,but haven't had time to make the drive again.

It is obviously made for underwater use,as it has a drawing of a diver using the machine on its rather large,pretty gold rectangular sticker.The model name is Seatrec1 and I believe it was made by Avantix in Maryland. The sticker says something about pulse induction on it.

The entire machine is made of what appears to be pieces of gray PVC pipe solvent welded together.I don't believe there is any way to take it apart if you needed to.It has a circular arm cuff and the hand grip protrudes at a 90 degree angle to the main shaft

It has two controls-on/off volume and a rotary discrimination control.The headphones are permanently wired to the machine.

The coil is a round,single-loop affair about six or seven inches in diameter.

We can't power it up because we can't figure out if it takes a special battery(s),pack,or holder for standard cells.To access the battery compartment,you unscrew a threaded,round PVC plug.The only thing I recall seeing in the compartment was one wire with what looks like a snap on connector,much like a 9-volt battery has,but only one terminal.I don't remember what was at the bottom of the circular compartment for a terminal.

That's about all I know.If anyone has any info,I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you.Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom