Questions about my find

mcfly121901

I live in Staten Island, and about a year and a half ago I was hit by hurricane Sandy. I had 8ft of water in my basement. My grandfather lives down my street, and he was hit too. As we were cleaning out his basement, we found an old safe. the previous house owners said it was too heavy to move, so they left it, with the combination. We looked in, but didn't see anything, except for some loose screws shoved in the edges. after some time, I realized they were actually pennies! they are all foreign, from Austria, the Netherlands, Canada, Hungary, and only 1 from America. they are dated from 1895 to 1941. there are about 35 coins. I was wondering where I could sell these coins,and whether or not I should sell them. I don't have a detector yet, But I will get a Fisher F2 soon. Thanks, and happy hunting.:D

First thing first try to identify the coin. In Austro-Hungary in that era they used coronas (krona) and hellers. Just type few words from the coin on google...:p
Than use coinquest.com or similar to prized it.
The value is made on how rare it is, in what grade (condition) it is, the year and the mint - the place of manufacture, the material it is made of etc.

But most coins have little value therefore must be really something special to even cover postal expenses.... and 2 heller it is not. I can find it on just about any field.:D

Back
Top Bottom