2013 Beach Totals!

SalemScott

Forum Supporter
Well, 2013 was an interesting year for me. I spent the first half of the year doing what I usually do, detecting cellar holes and some parks mixed in. I did very good, getting a few reales, some nice silvers and a decent amount of coppers, including some colonials. With conditions really dry here I decided to give beach detecting a try and attempt to learn a whole new aspect of this hobby. I had no idea just how addictive this beach thing could be and also never dreamed I would have been as successful at it as I was. I ended the year with 11 gold rings and over 9 oz. of silver.:shock: I know these aren't mind boggling numbers for most on here but I'm more than pleased. In the next couple weeks I'm going to be looking for a Sov. GT and seeing if I can give you heavy hitters a run for your money in 2014.:D Good luck in 2014, I hope it is a bountiful one for all of us.:yes:

The Breakdown
Gold
10K....22.9 Grams
14K....22.4 Grams

Silver
.900...222.3 Grams
.925...79.1 Grams
.400...17.4 Grams

PC270015.JPG

PC270024.JPG

PC270020.JPG

AWESOME...I'm in a similar boat, as the beach is literally walking distance from me...but I do not have a real water detector

That's kind of our problem. Usually too dry inland to get good depth. Our soil drains quick. At the beach you don't have to worry about it not being wet to get good depth:lol: Nice haul you had. Should be better this year. Once the beach becomes easier to read for you, you'll waste less time looking.

Very nice Scott... love the old stuff... rather find that than a fresh drop any day :yes:

Nice Scott!!! Looks like the Etrac did well for yah on the beach..I need to start learning the beach side of the hobby. Gone a couple of times with Jressman and found only trash, modern clad, and a Indian penny. Good Luck in 2014!

222 grams of coin silver is mind boggling to me!! Dang man, you were doing so heavy duty hunting. You had a wonderful year. Wish you could show everything like the coins if you still have them. Congrats!

All I can say Scott is I am glad you are nowhere near my beaches. You had a great year for a beginner and somebody on here possibly created a new water monster.

Good luck in 2014 and it will be GREAT to see your success this year.

I am with Craig in loving the old stuff BUT, I won't complain about ANY gold.

Nice Scott!!! Looks like the Etrac did well for yah on the beach..I need to start learning the beach side of the hobby. Gone a couple of times with Jressman and found only trash, modern clad, and a Indian penny. Good Luck in 2014!
For year I hated beach detecting. All I ever found were pull tabs and the occasional clad coin. This year I tried the beach and there were two guys there with a few gold rings each on the day. It clicked in my head...I need to learn the beaches. It can be trying sometimes, coming away from a beach with only junk but when you see that yellow shine that feeling goes away.:yes: Good luck.

222 grams of coin silver is mind boggling to me!! Dang man, you were doing so heavy duty hunting. You had a wonderful year. Wish you could show everything like the coins if you still have them. Congrats!
Unfortunately it's all been shipped to ARA. I set a goal a few month ago to find enough gold and silver to get a Minelab Sovereign GT. I reached that goal just before new years with just about $1,000 in melt after ARA gets their cut....give or take. It will be interesting to see what the check is for.

You had a great first year :thumbsup:

You seen what I seen about 7 years ago on the beach scene, the real treasure is there and much easier to dig even when rocks are involved.

Thanks guys. This year is starting off slow with a few silvers (7 dimes, 1 quarter) but the gold is hiding from me. I'm so close I can taste it and smell the 10k.:laughing: I started hitting some heavier stuff last night so fingers crossed, hopefully my first gold of the year will be soon.

Thanks guys. This year is starting off slow with a few silvers (7 dimes, 1 quarter) but the gold is hiding from me. I'm so close I can taste it and smell the 10k.:laughing: I started hitting some heavier stuff last night so fingers crossed, hopefully my first gold of the year will be soon.

Get yourself a GT and the gold won't be able to hide anymore ;)

Back
Top Bottom