Easy "Year Buillt" Maps!!!

jason_k

Hey All, Here is a SWEET research method that produces a color coded map of the dates that homes were built. It is quick and easy to get printable color “Year Built” maps of local areas of interest for relic hunting and coinshooting for old valuable coins.

The map construction date ranges include: 1900 and earlier, 1900-1949 and 1950-1969. These particular areas are shades of blue, and everything later is a red shade, making identifying good search areas easy. I tried it on my town and it produced an excellent map, even identifying older “stand alone houses” in newer developments.

Here are the instructions.

1) Go to PropertyShark.com

2) Go to HOME and enter the city and state you want to search.

3) Click “Search by Address”.

4) Select #2 “Browse Properties on the Map”.

5) Click “Get More Maps”

6) Click “Features and Elements – Year Built”

7) ENJOY!!!

This is a really cool tool and gives you an idea where activity would have been back in the day. According to the map colors, if it is blue, you are going to be in a zone that will have a better chance of holding older coins.

Happy Hunting! Jason

doesn't work for Lexington (pretty large town) so I'm just assuming this is a regionally sensitive tool.

bummer.

Sorry guys. Maybe there is one that will work better for your area. I kinda found this one by trial and error.

Also not working for me, the county websites often list it in the property record section as well.

I am fine until I get to your number 6, features and elements.....i am not seeing this option anywhere, I must be missing it somehow?

Explanations...

Here you go guys.

I am fine until I get to your number 6, features and elements.....i am not seeing this option anywhere, I must be missing it somehow?

It is on the center of the left side after you go to more maps. There are several map options and it is in there. Kind of hard to see... It's there though, just checked.

Where do you click for #2?

I think it might open up in the home page automatically. It did not for me once or twice, so I put that step in for good measure.. There should be a block to enter your query there.

i actually used this to find out my neighbors house was built in 1907 so i asked her if i can md her house and she said yes so thanks it was helpful to me.

It's a good reference but has flaws. A house in my neighborhood that was built around the civil war era is listed as being built in 1965. Plenty of others in my neighborhood do not have a listed date built.

It's a good reference but has flaws. A house in my neighborhood that was built around the civil war era is listed as being built in 1965. Plenty of others in my neighborhood do not have a listed date built.

Not to sound like a :crybaby:, but I found many older houses unlisted.

Not to complain more, but there are some typos in here too, so don't take it all to heart. My next door neighbor's house is from 1990 not 1890.

Still this is a great reference tool that I believe no one else has brought to our attention.

Kudos to you! :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom