A $250 Box Of Dimes And Found??

JBEXPRESS

Lunch Time Bandit
Forum Supporter
Just searched through a $250 box of dimes in about an hour. It was my first time searching dimes like this and new it was gonna be hard to find silver. I was getting a bit down because I have already went through like 15 rolls and found nothing, then Bam a nice shiney 1964D Rosie, went through about 10 more and Bam, a 1961D Rosie, two rolls later another 1961D Rosie. I was getting excited but after that the rest were just clad. Well Pretty good I guess for my first time hunting dimes. 3 more to add to my silver pile.

1964D
(2) 1961D

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 5,731
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 5,497
Dimes are good to CRH 3-4 avg per box.With some better,I've searched alot of boxes 75+ and only had 2 skunks.The more you search the more you find.HH

Dimes are good to CRH 3-4 avg per box.With some better,I've searched alot of boxes 75+ and only had 2 skunks.The more you search the more you find.HH

Thanks, I think I am gonna start doing them more often along with halves

I have never had any luck at all roll searching.. have laid off for quite a while. Maybe give it another try soon.... Nice finds... RickO

How do you average 3-4 silver dimes per box?! :shock:

Do you mean boxes of customer wrapped dimes?

jbexpress, if you start searching Bank boxes of $250, don't be down when you start getting multiple skunks. I usually average 1 silver per bank box but occasionally I only get 1 silver in 2 bank boxes.

Congrats on your finds ;)

How do you average 3-4 silver dimes per box?! :shock:

Do you mean boxes of customer wrapped dimes?

jbexpress, if you start searching Bank boxes of $250, don't be down when you start getting multiple skunks. I usually average 1 silver per bank box but occasionally I only get 1 silver in 2 bank boxes.

Congrats on your finds ;)

No machine wrapped dime rolls.I think it all depends on what part of the country you live in.When I do cents my avg is 17-25 wheats per box(worst box (1),2nd worst box 12),but alot of other CRH get 7-10 wheats on avg and I found only 3 IH cents last winter.It's all luck of the draw

No machine wrapped dime rolls.I think it all depends on what part of the country you live in.When I do cents my avg is 17-25 wheats per box(worst box (1),2nd worst box 12),but alot of other CRH get 7-10 wheats on avg and I found only 3 IH cents last winter.It's all luck of the draw

:shock: That's madness! If I lived where you are, I'd be all over the boxes 24/7 :shock:

I went through $80 dollars of dimes the other day...found a '54...was very excited....first silver ever from CRH.

Usually I 10-12 wheats from a $20 dollar box...it seems that its getting tougher and tougher to find anything...however I did find a 1910 penny the other day.

Back
Top Bottom