Getting to k ow the eq. 600

relichead

Banned
At first i didnt think id ever like the tones of my 600, but I only a got 5 hours on it. But after the first 4 hours i started to become aqainted with it..i dont think i have all that many more hours left to go, before i know it quit well...as having quite a few machines over 5 yrs,it helps "getting aquainted to a new machine quicker"..i think im gonna really like it in a short period of time substancially more....im glad i got this machine..i even bought the wireless phones for it , the ones that come standard with the 800..as looking into the 800 before i decided which one to get ..im glad i saved the extra dough on the 600..as the extra settings the 800 has, is not a must have for me ..im never going nugget hunting ..and the recovery speeds it offers is very adequate for my needs, as im not one to need to change all the tone breaks and stuff ..as just getting used to what it has is fine for me..and the 2 salt beaches ive went to it did out standing imo for what as expected..anyone deciding on the 600 or 800....its a choice of do you really need the extra settings..myself, i do not ....im gonna be in the market for the 6 inch coils as soon as i can..cuz its always nice to have a small coil for the nail filled cellars im hitting ...one thing i wished it had was a backlight adjustment..as the max setting that is the only setting for the 600 is just toooo darn bright..i wouldve been happier with it having only the mid brightness , on or off and not the brightest..it really can get you through the woods at night like a flashlight, but even that is no big deal...i do like the tone adjustment for the ferrous tone,and also ferous adjustable break and ferrous volume.. ..as i like ferrous to be very low grunting. If i have my master volume cranked pretty good i always set the ferrous tone on about 5 clicks lower..instead of discrminating out.i like hearing the iron..especially when it can be less loud than non ferrous....i just like this machine very much ,if anyone is up in the air on the 600 or 800..there is nothing wrong with the 600..and for the price it can be gotten from a sponsor here ..its a great choice.. and the stock wireless phones (without the minelab logo on them) are pretty cheap! Between the 600 and the wirless phones..ive less than 600 invested in it..which is good imo!

Thanks again JEFF AT QUILITY MD , FOR THE VERY BEST DEAL i could find on this ENTIRE forum!....
Best money i spent on a machine in my ENTIRE time in this hobby!

I would think minelab will keep working on firm ware updates untill they get it to where it performs the best possible..wouldnt doubt if we see 2 or more updates before they get the best out of these machines!!!!

Have fun all! :clapping:

It's a good machine but pretty well sucks for Canadian coins, unfortunately.. but it will find everything else... I enjoy using mine when visiting in the USA but now taken to bringing the ACE250 with the super sniper coil out to find more 'Canadian-ish" stuff..

Back
Top Bottom