1839 Seated Liberty Half Dime

Homerun04

Elite Member
First hunt of the season, and the first find of the season. Too bad for the hole. :(

Attachments

• 1839 Seated Liberty Half Dime Obverse.jpg
    1839 Seated Liberty Half Dime Obverse.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 348
  • 1839 Seated Liberty Half Dime Reverse.jpg
    1839 Seated Liberty Half Dime Reverse.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 345
Elusive! Excellent tiny coin. I pulled a 1838 out of a park a month ago and couldn't believe it. I guess they are so small that they are easy to lose, but still have a decent detect ability

Congrats HH.

Probably not... bullet holes have molten silver on the back and less regular. Plus that would be a tiny bullet as this is one small coin. This was likely to keep from losing these little things (string or leather tied through them)

Probably not... bullet holes have molten silver on the back and less regular. Plus that would be a tiny bullet as this is one small coin. This was likely to keep from losing these little things (string or leather tied through them)

Ahhh... The hole actually makes it look awesome! even though it kills the value haha

Nice find anyway :)

Excellent find, I got one back in January. A 1837 that was down 9" along a stream. Mine didn't have a hole, I think that indeed does add character. I am not in it for the value, but rather the history. Congrats, nice find! I hope you let out a whoop like I did.
:cool:

That is a shame about the hole but it's still a great find. I hope to find a half dime one day, hole or no hole. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom