All Day Hunt in Boulder - Silver

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Hey guys! :D

Finally got a good days hunt in since moving to Colorado, and lucky me, it was with a new huntin' buddy... Troy (Digger Magoo). I also finally got a program in my XLT to combat this high mineralization in CO, so my targets were back in their normal VDI ranges.

We met up at Coors in downtown Golden early this morning and headed out to the first of two parks we planned on hitting in Boulder.

The first one was right at the base of the flatirons and though it didn't produce any silver coinage for us today, it sure handed out the clad. Troy even managed two silver rings from the place, one with a nice turquoise in it, hopefully he'll have a pic for that ;)

After that we went over to our second park. I think we were both surprised at how much clad we pulled from it. Even more surprising was the SBA dollar a few inches down in the middle of the big open field, as well as the really neat silver bracelet Troy scored.

We finished the day at Vanover Park in Golden, it was pretty much a wash. But it allowed for a neat picture opportunity.

All total I ended up with 90 coins on the day @ $8.20, a '55 D Wheat, and a neat City of Boulder "Voice & Site" Tag Program dogtag.

Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• 84mdpark3.jpg
    84mdpark3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 519
  • 84troy.jpg
    84troy.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 522
  • 84mdflatirons.jpg
    84mdflatirons.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 522
  • 84md2.jpg
    84md2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 522
  • 84mdpark2.jpg
    84mdpark2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 520
  • 84mdcreek.jpg
    84mdcreek.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 518
  • 84mdpark.jpg
    84mdpark.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 513
  • 84mdgeese.jpg
    84mdgeese.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 513
  • 84mdshot.jpg
    84mdshot.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 514
  • 84md1.jpg
    84md1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Super Pic's

You've found a fantastic backdrop for some great hunts. Nice job, you and your buddy look very Pro! I like that stream Pic. I'd have my Rod along if I were with you guys.

That's a lot of clad for dirt digging!

Excellent Day!!!

I want to thank sectshun8 for contacting me for a hunt, I couldn't have asked for a better time. A beautiful day, combined with a new huntin' buddy (and friend) and my best hunt to date made for a wonderful time. It was my highest coin count (111 coins) as well as the total ($9.86). Oh, I can't forget the most silver I ever found (a bunch:roll:). The bracelet says "Movement With Meaning" and was a surface find with VDI #'s from the 30's to the 50'. I thought it was junk until sectshun8 pointed out to me the marks on one end. Glad I kept it:yes: The dog tag is from 1991. Thanks fer lookin' folks!! HH!!

Boulder%20Finds%20011.jpg

Boulder%20Finds%20003.jpg

Boulder%20Finds%20005.jpg

Boulder%20Finds%20009.jpg

Boulder%20Finds%20010.jpg

Dang it man! It's so pretty there, how do you keep your eyes on the ground> :shock:
It's not easy, even though I've lived here all my life. I never tire of looking at or being in the mountains. Love it! And sectshun8 gets to enjoy it too! His pic of the trail leading into the Flatirons looks like a postcard, an awesome picture.

Nice job you two! Seeing the flat irons in the back ground brings back memories, beautiful area!
Were you a student at CU? Gorgeous campus and town.

yippee

Hey guys glad you got out, it looked to be a terrific day for diggin', Boulder is a great place to hunt and you two did well with the rings and clad, WOW!

Nice going, keep it up, ColoKid

That looks like a perfect example of block mountain formation in the background. All that strata was laying flat at one time and at some point all broke up and snapped upward because of lateral compressing. I'd almost drop my detector and start climbing all over that looking for fossils.

Great day's haul guys.. and Jimmy, those mountain pictures are great. I like Golden, have been there several times on business. HH RickO

wow gorgeous view. and got some luck on the detecting as well. Fella did good...doesn't even look hot over there.

Back
Top Bottom