CRH Dissapointment

SnailRacer99

I was soooooooo excited to finally get a $500 box of halves. I thought for sure I'd find something but nope. Not even a 40% :( I know, I know...that's how it goes. I read someone on here went through $6,000 worth before ending their slump. I just gotta figure out how to get rid of these $500 so I can buy another box :pirates:

Cash them in at one of them coin machines.

I thought about it, but my local CoinStar charges 9.5 cents on the dollar so to change in $500 would cost me around $50. I think I'll just slowly spend them and change in small amounts here and there. Also thought it would be fun to use them for skeet-shooting...if only I were rich :roll:

I thought about it, but my local CoinStar charges 9.5 cents on the dollar so to change in $500 would cost me around $50. I think I'll just slowly spend them and change in small amounts here and there. Also thought it would be fun to use them for skeet-shooting...if only I were rich :roll:

You are rich so long as you have your health.

Hows bout a local bank?? So long as you have an account and they have a coin machine, there is no charge to use the machine and get cash bills in their place.

Bummer Snail, my dime and nickel order will be in next week, prob same result. I've been payin for fast food with my coin roll coinage in the drive thoughs. Disappears fast and most tellers doin't even count it out, just say "ok, pull ahead". I figured I also lose most at my local poker game, but on a two game win streak, now I have get rid of my poker winnings coinage also.

My coinstar lets you put the balance on Amazon or local grocery store gift cards at no charge. That is what I do with mine. I buy most of our groceries with it.

My coinstar lets you put the balance on Amazon or local grocery store gift cards at no charge. That is what I do with mine. I buy most of our groceries with it.

oooo I didn't even think of that. I think mine will do the gift card for free too. I just may have to do that, thanks for the tip!

Dont feel bad, just went thru $1500 and got skunked. Big scores are very rare anymore. I consider it a good day if I find one

Or you could pt them into curculation... to see the look on peoples faces

Find a dump bank that has a coinstar / coin counter. All 3 of my dump bank charge 5 to 10% to non members for using the coinstar but it's free for members.

My dump banks don't charge for a savings / checking account provided you keep a little cash (it varies between $50 and $100) in your account.

If you get into this seriously you're not going to want to put cash onto any sort of gift card or grocery plan. I CRH through over 100K a year and regardless of how small the percent is that isn't converted back to cash it would add up to a staggering amount. I do not want a $5K Amazon or Grocery giftcard. I doubt I've spent $5k at Amazon since it went online and we spend about $40 a week on groceries (I coupon also).

If you do end up with cash on a giftcard you're not going to use, you can always ebay the card... Amazon gift cards sell for close to face value.

Or you could pt them into curculation... to see the look on peoples faces

Oh I've got a good story actually. Went to Walmart today and bought some coffee creamer with $3.50 in halves, the guy was so confused and was like "what are these? I've never seen them before..." then, as the line behind me got longer, he flipped them over and over again in total curiosity :lol:

Find a dump bank that has a coinstar / coin counter. All 3 of my dump bank charge 5 to 10% to non members for using the coinstar but it's free for members.

My dump banks don't charge for a savings / checking account provided you keep a little cash (it varies between $50 and $100) in your account.

If you get into this seriously you're not going to want to put cash onto any sort of gift card or grocery plan. I CRH through over 100K a year and regardless of how small the percent is that isn't converted back to cash it would add up to a staggering amount. I do not want a $5K Amazon or Grocery giftcard. I doubt I've spent $5k at Amazon since it went online and we spend about $40 a week on groceries (I coupon also).

If you do end up with cash on a giftcard you're not going to use, you can always ebay the card... Amazon gift cards sell for close to face value.

I've been thinking about looking into a dump bank and I'm thinking I will get a free account somewhere. With searching through that many coins how much do you find, if you don't mind me asking?

Man, bummer.

I just talked to my friend who works at the bank I go to. I asked her if they ever sell half dollars when the machine gets full. She told me its possible, but no one brings in any anymore. It takes them a couple months to fill it.

When you guys say you order them, how does that work?

I find one keeper in halves about every other box. I find one silver nickel in about every box and a half. I find silver in dimes about every other box. I've never found a silver in quarters. I have the most fun searching cents.

A slight word of encouragement....KT bought 2 $500 boxes of halves on Thursday....last night went through the first $200...and zip...but this morning before work, ran another $100 and the LAST coin of the batch was a 40%er...68! So don't give up!

KT can't wait to work through the other $700 to see what else He might recover!

Keep at it!

And on getting rid of them...Joee5 is right! KT will go to a different branch of his bank that He purchased them from and run them in the coin counting machine...if they ask where He got them, He will simply say...oh been saving them for years! :lol::lol::lol:

Man, bummer.

I just talked to my friend who works at the bank I go to. I asked her if they ever sell half dollars when the machine gets full. She told me its possible, but no one brings in any anymore. It takes them a couple months to fill it.

When you guys say you order them, how does that work?

I just talked to the branch manager and asked if she could order me a box. My bank gets all their money from Dunbar so when they make their delivery they just bring a box of halves. I hear some banks charge to make a special order, lucky for me mine doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom