Hey Buzz... arm support mod

(Heavy)

Elite Member
I found this in your album and I like what you were thinking. I don't know what the thread or story was behind this drawing... but I want to build it :lol:

user15676_pic24568_13162792521.jpg

I used the strap and hated it, then I wore out a couple Velcro bands with this method which had become too hard to keep clean anyway... see the YT vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEj8y7ufhao

Have you developed this idea yet? I think it's worth a closer look for me. It could provide just enough resistance to make a long hunt tolerable and not be something that wears out or has to be replaced and it could be removed for cleaning as Velcro attracts dust. How can we finish your project, make it universal for all arm support slots? I want to see this available if a prototype really works and goes the distance.

I found this in your album and I like what you were thinking. I don't know what the thread or story was behind this drawing but I want it :lol:

user15676_pic24568_13162792521.jpg

I used the strap and hated it, then I wore out a couple Velcro bands with this method which had become too hard to keep clean anyway... see the YT vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEj8y7ufhao

Have you developed this idea yet? I think it's worth a closer look for me. It could provide just enough resistance to make a long hunt tolerable and not be something that wears out or has to be replaced and it could be removed for cleaning as Velcro attracts dust. How can we finish your project, make it universal for all arm support slots? I want to see this available if a prototype really works and goes the distance.

7of9b-6.jpg

Believe you me,,, If I could get the right someone to look and make my Idea happen we both would have a set. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=87196

insted of rubber i'd think a foam material (pool noodle type material) would work well and also be lightweight

or even better and more futuristic would be to use a memory foam that would adjust to each user

Thanks Buzz,

Now I see you intended this to fill up some space originally but when I saw the drawing in your album I never envisioned the strap on top of it LOL. Bro we don't need no stinking strap if you just make the bumpers it will be enough to take a load off. I would like to just turn wrist, slid in and pull back out with little or no forward motion.

This idea has potential we just need the plugs, I will mock something up if I can find some rubber or foam like dog suggests. It won't have the fasteners but might provide decent prototype.

the ideal, but too expensive for practical distribution

Yeah you guys,,, Lets Keep this Idea going. Let them now that the strap never worked and we wont something that does. :yes: :mad:

you already had an idea for the fasteners.........velcro, just apply velcro to the inside of the cuff and on the foam spacer ;)

this is good :yes: the reason my velcro failed long term is because it had to be constantly engaged and dis-engaged plus it collected dirt. Your fastener for the bumpers is...

7of9-3.jpg

Lets find the bumpers somewhere... think where you might have seen them already being used on some existing product. They are pretty much the shape in which Buzz drew them.

you could make that with a fishing lure home kitt.the guy on vrs sells a kitt larry somthing.he,s the guy who goes to southamerica he makes his own lures and sells a kitt

wonder if my wife will notice a chunk missing outa our memory foam mattress bed :lol:

you could make that with a fishing lure home kitt.the guy on vrs sells a kitt larry somthing.he,s the guy who goes to southamerica he makes his own lures and sells a kitt

this is some kind of make your own injection mold kit? can you link me?

wonder if my wife will notice a chunk missing outa our memory foam mattress bed :lol:

memory foam would be soooo nice but there is the obvious problem... filthy, filthy, filthy :( but if that's all I can find I will put it in the washer now and then :D

Sleep on this idea... I can see that ready made material somewhere, I just can't remember where. Someone will remember if this gets enough views. You have my attention Buzz Wilson. I want this support for my V3i and look forward to my custom sheath in the mail.

good man

memory foam encased in thin soft leather, maybe a button on the leather side that could stick thru the hole in cuff........now if we only knew someone that could work leather :hmmm: :lol:

DogPoo is absolutely correct!

You (Buzz Wilson) can do it all... make the foam filled leather pouches, put the velcro on the inside, sell me a set :shock: large, medium and small for the Popeye.

well that was easy........whats the next project:lol:

dogpoo......:tiphat:

Its guys like you that make things happen,People will stop and think of ways to make things better. Its funny how they can improve the metal detector from the hand grip down and for year never change the way your arm fits it the upper peace. :no: :roll:

memory foam encased in thin soft leather, maybe a button on the leather side that could stick thru the hole in cuff........now if we only knew someone that could work leather :hmmm: :lol:

:hmmm: :lol: I dont know who has been selling sheaths on here for several months. :hmmm:

first attempt...

Buzz, I found some material that looked promising and took the liberty to post some effort toward your project if you don't mind. This foam has a decent slippery surface and sticks very nicely to an arm cup that's void of existing padding. I am sending you a set for your machine.

Prototype contains 2 foam parts and 3M tape, you must remove any existing padding

100_1549.jpg

Prep the surfaces and apply the 3M tape

100_1551.jpg

Depending on your forearm size adjust the depth of the installation the placement on mine will be for slight men or women's application

100_1552.jpg

A few seconds to assemble and it's very forgiving if you need to remove everything including the tape

100_1553.jpg

Better video to follow after field testing and repetitive use

<---Vid

I hope this provides support, holds up over time, is washable and serves us well. If not then we will still be looking for suitable material because your concept is correct and I thank you for the drawing.

After I confirm it does exactly what we need it to do then please join me in trying to wear it out. Thanks again Buzz for sharing your idea with MD'ers who need the support but hate the strap.

Back
Top Bottom