Tried CRH...Hit the jackpot!! Over 200 Silvers!!!

daddydigger

Forum Supporter
Howdy diggers,

Since we got all snowed in here in Illinois, I decided to go treasure hunting at the bank. I bought $200 worth of half dollars and 10 of the rolls were all silver!! I nearly fainted when I opened that first roll and saw NO clad edges!!

Thanks for looking, HH and on-on!

Attachments

• IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 820
That was quite the jackpot. I haven't gotten a silver half in a roll in quite some time. I've gone through about $400 in halves this week in rolls from various banks.
Last silver I got was a 40% from the teller tray.

Very nice....(found a silver rosie in coinstar tray,thanks to you guys, you learn the coolest stuff on this forum)...Curt:grin:

That's very cool, DD. Great find at the bank. I was a teller about 25 years ago and have a small collection myself. I have old paper notes too. Fun stuff on this forum.

I guess that beats my roll and a half of silver quarters :-(

PS, Digger: Can I post your MD videos onto my video blog? I have been meaning to ask you, but finally caught up with you.

Howdy diggers,

Since we got all snowed in here in Illinois, I decided to go treasure hunting at the bank. I bought $200 worth of half dollars and 10 of the rolls were all silver!! I nearly fainted when I opened that first roll and saw NO clad edges!!

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rng3T0XEPv4

Thanks for looking, HH and on-on!

Sweet. Hunting banks and fishing at the market are always fast, clean, and easy.

I have been wondering this all day since I saw your post. What do you do with the 40%silver coins? I mean the melt refinery wont take them, are they worth a bit more in value?

I guess in 10-20 years they will be harder and harder to find.

(i have a few myself, but not 200 :D )

Back
Top Bottom