First day out with the new XLT!!!!!!

Jason

Elite Member
Took my new XLT out for a bit today. Knowing that I only had about 1 1/2 hours today to play, I just went to a local park that has a couple of "Beach Vollyball" courts. It's easy digging in the sand. When I go I try to concentrate around the net since that's where the most action takes place. Within 15 minutes I got my first signal, a quarter. Then another, and another. In 30 minutes I had 5 Quarters, 1 Dime, 1 Nickel, and 2 Pennies. Then I walked over to the playground area. Found 2 cars, and my VERY FIRST RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ring is 14K, so I would just assume the 16 diamonds are real. Real or not, my wife loves it and has laid claim to it. The pinpointing with the XLT is really cool with the 2 bars it shows. I used the Coin/Jewelry preloaded program. Worked very well obviously! The "hum" would go away when swinging over the rejected numbers.

The Prizm III is still a good machine, but never had I found a ring, and so many coins in such a short time with such little effort. I think I am going to like the XLT. This weekend I am really going to give a work out.

Sorry about the poor quality picture. My camera is a good one, just not very good at close ups.

Attachments

• 1215finds2.JPG
    1215finds2.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 109
Excellent, Jason! I share your excitement. Seeing the ring pop out must have been an eye opener. LOL

It looks like you will be doing quite well with the XLT. :)

Hey Jason, good job! My wife lost a ring just like that. :lol: I'm glad you like you new machine. Let's get together sometimes before the hot Mississippi summer gets here.

Excellent Jason!

Shows what a good quality machine can produce for you!

Congrats on the new XLT

GregB said:
Hey Jason, good job! My wife lost a ring just like that. :lol: I'm glad you like you new machine. Let's get together sometimes before the hot Mississippi summer gets here.

Oh, for sure. Sooner than that. In case y'all are wondering... It gets 99 degrees or more with 98% himudity, and NO wind. It will literally take you breath away. Then, compound the mosquitos in top of that!

congrats on the new xlt and first ring. Way to go!!!!! I'm taking new prizm IV out tomorrow!!!!!!!
Paul

As another Mississippi guy, I wish you much luck( but not in my area :lol:) congrats on the great ring.
Wayne

Hey Jason,
You gotta love it ha, It's just me and my XLT too and it gets better as time goes on, try the jewlery/beach mode too, I use it with a little tweeking and I find it to be very workable Great start to a very long lasting relationship I'm sure. Now can I .........Talk to your wife for a second please..............................CAN I HAVE IT MRS. Jason? 8)

Thanks everyone. It's been 12 hours since finding my first ring, and I'm still bragging about it and grinning ear to ear. I would have settled for a band, but a diamond ring with 16 diamonds, and they are all there!!!! Yeah, I see me and the XLT being friends for quite some time. :D

I could believe how accurate it was. The ID was dead on and the pinpointing was a breeze.

Sorry Rusty, my wife has already cleaned it and is planning to take it to the jewely for sizing. :(

Some great finds Jason, Congrats and best of luck with that XLT.
Maybe a gold coin in the furure. [ That is my dream anyway]

JASON CONGRATS! I ALSO HAVE A XLT. IM MOVING TO PRESCOTT AZ. A LOT COOLER THAN PHOENIX. PRESCOTT WAS THE FIRST CAPITAL OF AZ AND ALOT OF HISTORY.MY FIRST OUTING WITH MY XLT PRODUCED MANY FINDS EVEN IN A PLACE THAT HAD BEEN WORKED OVER.

Jason said:
Thanks everyone. It's been 12 hours since finding my first ring, and I'm still bragging about it and grinning ear to ear. I would have settled for a band, but a diamond ring with 16 diamonds, and they are all there!!!! Yeah, I see me and the XLT being friends for quite some time. :D

I could believe how accurate it was. The ID was dead on and the pinpointing was a breeze.

Sorry Rusty, my wife has already cleaned it and is planning to take it to the jewely for sizing. :(
let me talk to the lady

Back
Top Bottom