New Guy!

flbandit

Hey all. I'm new to the forum and the hobby as well. I've never used a detector before but have always been facsinated by them. I've been considering buying one so I can find some interesting stuff. I'm quite the packrat and do alot of metal salvage as well. Anyway, I'm full of the usual newbie questions about machines. However, I'll look around a bit before I dredge up the same stuff that's been asked a million times. I live in Central Florida, so I'm thinking I'll do alot of beach searching. Any other Floridians here?

Welcome to the hobby. I have a BH discovery (under $150 Canadian) and it does me wonders.

Far cheeper than most other hobbies IMO. :grin:

Welcome to the forum and the hobby. You'll love both. :yes:
If you want to do a lot of beach hunting then you'll want to look at a water/beach detector first. If you need any help please ask. I'll be more than glad to help you out. :yes:
Take a look at my site and I think you 'll be able to find a couple detectors that catch your eye.
Good Luck. :grin:

Welcome to the forum and hobby. You'll have a blast. Just take your time and shop around. Staying with the name brands will help. GL

hello and welcome flbandit , i've delt with tony a few times now he's a good guy and will steer you right

hi man good to see another joining this cool forum,have fun with the resurch of your machine its an eye opener, just reading about all the machines etc out there has a buzz of its own :grin:

Good luck with your new hobby. Since you are in Central Florida you may want to check Kellyco where, you can test some detectors. This would help with your decision. People find some great stuff on the beaches and there is a club in Sanford if you would like their address.

Welcome and enjoy.You have chosen the right forum,i belong to a few of them and always come back to this one.Its the friendliest and some very interesting and helpfull people here and dont be shy to ask,we all help each other here.

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to a new toy! I did see Kellyco online and I figure I'll stop by there as they have quite a selection and it's only about an hour from home. Once I figure out what I want/need I already have a few ideas on where to search.

Beware the Chinese junk detectors as well as any dealer who does the bait and switch. Many try to sell the cheap overpriced detectors so they can make a bigger profit after you've decided on something else. :yes:

TonyinCT said:
Beware the Chinese junk detectors as well as any dealer who does the bait and switch. Many try to sell the cheap overpriced detectors so they can make a bigger profit after you've decided on something else.  :yes:

Yeah, I figure it's like buying any quality item, do the research, find the good names, get some feedback, and go with what best suits your needs rather than what is cheapest. I can't go overboard, but I figure that I can get a decent machine.

Let me know if I can help you with your purchase. I only sell the name brands. :yes:

Welcome aboard, don't be shy!! Ask tons of questions, find lotsa stuff!!...lol

HH as always,

Bri-

Back
Top Bottom