• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Poster Contest *VOTE IN THE POLL*

sectshun8

Forum Supporter
Good day friends!

I'm happy to announce the beginning of what I am calling a Motivational/Demotivational Poster contest.

Many of you are members of forums that have a thread dedicated to Motivational and/or De-Motivational Posters. For those of you who are members of automotive related forums, surely half of the ones posted are NSFW and surely not appropriate here.

It'd be fun to make up some MD related versions and have 'em up on the boards. And thankfully, I have the blessings from our owners to host this.

***POSTER CONTEST RULES/FAQ***

- Who can participate?
This contest is open to ALL forum members regardless of post count.

- Is there any fees involved?
None whatsoever!

- What should the poster consist of?
All poster submissions should be metal detecting or coin collecting related. Any entries not related to the hobby will be removed. In addition, any entry deemed to be outside the spirit of the forum will also be removed. This includes but is not limited to profanity, sexual content, brand bashing etc. Good candidates show be either funny, ironic, or just plain motivational. Ideally, the picture should coincide with the subject, and try and keep the wording short and witty, that's what these things are all about.

- How many times can I enter?

Users may enter as many times as they want, you never know when that witty streak will hit ya!

- How do I make one of these "posters"?
I suggest using this online program that will take your photo and add your title and captions. It's completely free. After it creates, just save the image to your HD, and make a post here with it as an attachment.
Motivator: Create your own motivational posters!

- Where do I post my poster?
In this thread, just post a reply to this thread and I will see them all.

- When does the contest end?
This contest will run from today, July 16th, 2009 through October 14th, 2009.

- How do I win?
After the contest deadline, I will select 5 posters I think are the best. From those five I will create a forum poll, from which YOU as members will vote on your favorites. The top 3 posters will receive prizes from me.

- What are the prizes?
1st Place: 1 x IH, 1 x Buff, 1 x Steel Wheat, 1 x War Nickel, 1 x Merc, 1 x Rosie, as well as an assortment of paper currency from Iraq and Greece.

2nd Place: 1 x Steel Wheat, 1 x Buff, 1 x Merc, 1 x Rosie

3rd Place: 1976 BICEN IKE Dollar

***POSTER EXAMPLES***​
For anyone who cannot see these two images, please refer to the Attachments.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• BIGSCOOP.jpg
    BIGSCOOP.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,107
  • lesche.jpg
    lesche.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,886
Last edited:
Great idea Jimmy!!! Looks like it is off and running, some really good entries so far!:wow::yes: (You know my favorite of your's Sectsun8:p)

Kanas Dave: Those are awesome entries!!!:tumble:

Here's another.
Coincidentally, this is a picture of the guy responsible for most of the great parks of New York City, Andrew Haswell Green

Attachments

• motivatorc9aca6d1dde76f5b261a906c87a837434a116d19.jpg
    motivatorc9aca6d1dde76f5b261a906c87a837434a116d19.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,758
Back
Top Bottom