New detector help

ChrisnAmanda1

Elite Member
im torn between the White's coinaster and the Garrett Ace 300.....

I have a fisher f22 now and a bounty hunter tracker 4, and was thinking about getting another machine. As of now, we usually just hunt for jewlery and clad. not to into relic hunting or anything like that. wouldnt be mad if we came across some cool old relics, but coinshooting and jewlery seems to be our niche. Of the two which one would you guys get if you had the chance...

Ace 300 or CoinMaster

And also... What are some of your guys opinion on Teknetics (SP?) I was looking at those as well. Decisions decisions....

I have a Garrett At-Pro that I'm fond of so of those two I guess I would pick the Ace but I'd consider spending a bit more for the AT-Pro or Max.

Cliff

I second the suggestion of saving up and bumping up a model or two. I started with an Ace 400. While it was a great beginners detector, the quality when you move up to the next level is so valuable. I moved up to an AT Max and LOVE the extra features, depth, etc. Seems like you have some 'starter' detectors already, save up some finds for a bit and go for a model above those you suggested.

The only issue I have with bumping up to the next level is how overwhelming those machines are. I was pretty nervous to bump up from the bounty hunter to the fisher LOL. Looking at the AT Max and AT Pro, theres a WHOLE lot of extra this and thats that I have no idea how to use LOL. I was hoping to kinda learn gradually and move up one or two new features at a time. But now that I have been looking at the Max and the Pro... How difficult would you say they are to learn?? Im not opposed to spending the little bit extra on a quality machine, but I also wonder how much better it would be than what I already run. I h unt mostly city parks and camp sites, the fisher and the bounty hunter both do a *decent enough* job at finding coins and telling me whats trash, but it could be better..... would there be a whole world of difference hunting the parks and such??

They are not that hard to learn. Just because they have a lot of features doesn't mean that you MUST use all of them. Use what you need and learn the rest along the way. It's a lot cheaper than buying multiple units.

Cliff

Thats true. Ill have to look a little more into the two above. Im definitely not against the idea, just worried I wont be able to figure out all the bells and whistles LOL

Back
Top Bottom