The Few, The Brave the Frozen or Mud Puddle Diving?

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
I was working on my little boat today putting in a new stereo and new marine radio. Got a phone call. A person lost a window for a 40 footer in the Clinton river.

Well I haven't dove yet this year and was very hesitant because I really didn't want to freeze. they were desperate and I thought why not. Might take me a few minutes and I could get out and warm up. So I said sure. He was looking for it with a fish net and I asked them to stop while on the phone because I didn't want them to stir up the bottom. LOL another worry I shouldn't have had.

I load up my truck and head down to the river. This is what I see.

While I was getting ready I was anticipating freezing in muddy water. Before I put my tank on I went down the ladder. The initial shock of cold water going into my wet suit was tolerable! I was pleasantly surprised. Got back out and put my tank on jumped in right beside that white boat and after I adjusted everything went down. Less than a minute later I had the window. They were ecstatic. Swam around to see if I could handle the water for longer and I decided yes. Got out to a happy boater and a hundred dollars.

No more silver and swarming flies. I will try to finish my boat and have it in the water on Monday. I am extremely excited.

My new heater is going swimming soon. Lets see what happens.
(It sure won't be swimming in a mud puddle yet)

Last edited:
A $100 is a good payday plus you got in the water so an added bonus!

A hundred and now you know you can go out and detect - good one Robert! :thumbsup:

I was working on my little boat today putting in a new stereo and new marine radio. Got a phone call. A person lost a window for a 40 footer in the Clinton river.

Well I haven't dove yet this year and was very hesitant because I really didn't want to freeze. they were desperate and I thought why not. Might take me a few minutes and I could get out and warm up. So I said sure. He was looking for it with a fish net and I asked them to stop while on the phone because I didn't want them to stir up the bottom. LOL another worry I shouldn't have had.

I load up my truck and head down to the river. This is what I see.

While I was getting ready I was anticipating freezing in muddy water. Before I put my tank on I went down the ladder. The initial shock of cold water going into my wet suit was tolerable! I was pleasantly surprised. Got back out and put my tank on jumped in right beside that white boat and after I adjusted everything went down. Less than a minute later I had the window. They were ecstatic. Swam around to see if I could handle the water for longer and I decided yes. Got out to a happy boater and a hundred dollars.

No more silver and swarming flies. I will try to finish my boat and have it in the water on Monday. I am extremely excited.

My new heater is going swimming soon. Lets see what happens.
(It sure won't be swimming in a mud puddle yet)

Nice job. Was the window in a metal frame or did you have to find it by feel?

O'Boy, Just the beginning of a New adventure! Good job saving the window also with a nice reward!!

Opportunity knocked Bob and you took to town. Now the real season starts for you and I'm sure success will follow. Congrats on the first recovering of your water season. Trapper

Thanks all.

Got a new battery for my boat (one died) a new horn, new gauges new radio and speakers and I hope to have everything installed by Wend. Whoo hooo. If I find anything I will be a happy camper.

I am thankful for a couple of things. My health and being able to enjoy life. I am also thankful that Irons and Ice are nowhere close and they don't dive!

Have a great safe summer all. Will keep you posted. Maybe I can give Tom some drama or police encounter this year to keep him happy!

We should start a member contest to see how can guess how much cash you rake in from marina recoveries.

Thanks all. New gauges and new horn will be here today. got to clean up a bit more and hopefully will be splashing this boat by the weekend. It's dock is calling it.

I sure hope to have another year of interesting finds. I wish I had my drone but won't see it till September it looks like.

I just got a text from the folks in the boat on the hoist in the picture. They dropped part of their hoist in the water today. Want me there at 8am tomorrow. When I went in it was 79° out. Tomorrow the high will be 47°. BRRRRR.

Got the gauges, horn, stereo, radio, antenna and some new lights installed in my boat today. Here is a before and after picture.

The gauges came with white incandescent bulbs. I put blue LED bulbs in them today. I am beginning to really like how my toy is starting to shape up.

Back
Top Bottom