Insert big sad face

Kapi

Forum Supporter
:( Goodbye cool old stuff. It was nice finding you while you were reachable. Oh well, maybe they are pumping in something neato :)

AND in June or July (somewhere around there) They will start charging $2.50 cents an hour to park at most of our beaches. :mad::pullhair:

The bottom picture is from today. They will be extending that sand another mile down the beach to the south as well. You can't see it but there's a police car below that ledge of sand and a roped off area keeping people away from the cliff...

Attachments

• pier filled in before.jpg
    pier filled in before.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 602
  • Pier 2018 Before.jpg
    Pier 2018 Before.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 579
  • Pier filling in.jpg
    Pier filling in.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 617
Wow thats a lottttt of sand. Any luck in the washout beyond the new sand cliff in the last pic or did they keep you from there as well?

Edit. Guess it might not be a washout, just runoff from the pumping. Hard to tell on the phone :)

I see a bright side. New rings lost will sink deep. Get a few huge storms sand will be gone again. Rings and coins will be everywhere hopefully. Maybe not soon but it will happen.

They can play with the sand all they want. It won't stay as it hasn't in the past.

When it is gone, everything newer that was lost will hopefully be yours to find. You had a wonderful run of old stuff. Hopefully you will have another.

:shock: I really need to count my blessings down here!

That's a huge amount of sand.. sucks about the parking. A lot of the beaches in Asia are charging the equivalent of $10 entrance fee now.. plus parking

Wow that is a lot of sand, are they sucking it up from further out in the ocean back onto the shore? That’s crazy!

Yeah! They are sucking it from way off shore.

Wow thats a lottttt of sand. Any luck in the washout beyond the new sand cliff in the last pic or did they keep you from there as well?

Edit. Guess it might not be a washout, just runoff from the pumping. Hard to tell on the phone :)

The little trench is from the dredge pipe runoff. There's about 20-30 people checking it daily and of the ones I know nobody has found anything there yet except tiny pieces of aluminum everywhere :(

I see a bright side. New rings lost will sink deep. Get a few huge storms sand will be gone again. Rings and coins will be everywhere hopefully. Maybe not soon but it will happen.

They can play with the sand all they want. It won't stay as it hasn't in the past.

When it is gone, everything newer that was lost will hopefully be yours to find. You had a wonderful run of old stuff. Hopefully you will have another.

Yeah they pumped that much in and MORE in 2012 (pic attached) and in 5 years it was all gone. When they put that much sand in it blocks the natural sand movement that normally flows north. That fills in the beaches to the south of it for miles. It sucks :(

:shock: I really need to count my blessings down here!

Larry and I are considering moving your way! (not really but I wish!) We are thinking of coming for a visit soon though!

That's a huge amount of sand.. sucks about the parking. A lot of the beaches in Asia are charging the equivalent of $10 entrance fee now.. plus parking

Man, it sucks!

Yeah :(

Attachments

• St Augustine pier before and after.jpg
    St Augustine pier before and after.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 566
mmmmmmm

Double hit, ya can't pull enough clad to pay for parking, yet alone gas, to and from the beach, 2nd , just like down here Kapi, they replenished the beaches OBN said, it's bad here, he said from 30th down no replenishment, how ever that's because bull dozars are moving the sand around down by the boardwalk , so it's no better in the lower part's, the only good new's for you , and Larry are, the system they are using pump's the sand far off shore in land, which mean's low tide line , and in the water is were you will find the good's :shock:, that mean's you will have to get the bikini out, and play with the shark's to get the gold :yes: , no more dry sand, and most wet, remember another thing, when the tide cycle happen's from high to low, it will also move some of that replenishment sand back down to the wet, not good, so water hunting , or fresh drop hunting at the wright time- will be it, sorta like what it is here , when the tourist , and water temp comes up, wright now it's 54 degree's , even though this week was in the high 80s, i see you , and Larry doing more road trip's to hunt , any way sorry to see this, i can tell you, it's not good, and pay to park is already here, i feel your pain, Earl PS the good news is your getting rid of the Paparazzi :D

Last edited:
Double hit, ya can't pull enough clad to pay for parking, yet alone gas, to and from the beach, 2nd , just like down here Kapi, they replenished the beaches OBN said, it's bad here, he said from 30th down no replenishment, how ever that's because bull dozars are moving the sand around down by the boardwalk , so it's no better in the lower part's, the only good new's for you , and Larry are, the system they are using pump's the sand far off shore in land, which mean's low tide line , and in the water is were you will find the good's :shock:, that mean's you will have to get the bikini out, and play with the shark's to get the gold :yes: , no more dry sand, and most wet, remember another thing, when the tide cycle happen's from high to low, it will also move some of that replenishment sand back down to the wet, not good, so water hunting , or fresh drop hunting at the wright time- will be it, sorta like what it is here , when the tourist , and water temp comes up, wright now it's 54 degree's , even though this week was in the high 80s, i see you , and Larry doing more road trip's to hunt , any way sorry to see this, i can tell you, it's not good, and pay to park is already here, i feel your pain, Earl

If we could get rid of these 3-5 foot waves.... :)

No More

Paparazzi was added Kapi , that was about the only good new's for you, you will just have to RAID Felix territory :laughing:, and leave him the pennies only -with a bucket of chum, :lol:, howboutit :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Craig said your welcome up North if you want to play in the rocks , and stink mud , and cold, howboutit . PS look's like i would have my eye on Daytona Beach, new hunting ground's .

Paparazzi was added Kapi , that was about the only good new's for you, you will just have to RAID Felix territory :laughing:, and leave him the pennies only -with a bucket of chum, :lol:, howboutit :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: PS Craig said your welcome up North if you want to play in the rocks , and stink mud , and cold, howboutit . PS look's like i would have my eye on Daytona Beach, new hunting ground's .

Daytona is one of our more favorite spots. Though it's got dozens of guys and girls detecting daily it's just massive so you can usually find something. I pay the 100 dollars for the yearly beach driving pass there.

Same thing has happened here. Trying to keep sand on the beaches for the tourists. Mother nature will reclaim it and as previously mentioned in this thread the first storm to come along with do a lot of sifting for ya!

I feel your pain Kap. I heard they are starting in the Satellite area and heading south. Someone said Cocoa is going to receive some of the sand as well. :cuss:I'm thinking about selling the detectors and buying dynamite.:newidea:

If

The Treasure Coast get's sand, i won't be vacationing their anymore , a sad time Kapi, hope thing's get better, otherwise you might have to convince Larry to invest in a air plane howboutit :takeoff:

Sorry to see the trend for the east coast. I know it sure Killed OC MD and they continue every few years to add, more and more..their thing is to extent it out now that they have add many feet to top it off. Thankfully where I hunt the beach's have been closed for 50 plus years and forgotten.

Wow,bulldozing and diesel suction pumps,what a waste...So that's where global warming comes from(Florida).:lol: Southern California might bulldoze too Idk?
Anything for a dollar I guess?

Back
Top Bottom