Can't quit, another first!

sebranka

This week has kept the same luck and momentum as last week. Started off with two boxes on Tuesday, another two boxes on Wednesday, three boxes on Thursday, and another three boxes today. Tuesday gave up two Bens and 3 40%ers, Wednesday was a skunk, but I did notice an off color nickel on the teller's tray and asked to see it, it was a 45 war nickel so kept the streak going with that:lol::lol:, yesterday's boxes got me 2 64's and one more Ben along with 11 40%ers. Today, when I went to go dump, I got a 40%er (no pic) from the teller to start and the three boxes I picked up were the best of the week, which included a total of 3 Bens, 1 64, and 30 40%ers, including my first ever 1970D!:D:D. How can you stop wanting more boxes when they are giving up these kinds of coins!?!? Total for the week: 9 90%ers and 45 40%ers:D

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    IMG_0395.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 314
Insane! You know whats really insane? You eyeballed a war nickel in a drawer full of change!:laughing: Amazing on all counts! You are really hooked on silver! Got to love this haul of yours!
Mud

Congrats on the 1970 D!
Tough one to find, as they are NIFC low mintage.
All the halves I've been through over the years I have only one, and the 70 S.

Your finds remind the Royal Personage of when He first started CRHing! Me thinks you are in an unhunted area by CRHers! Always encouraging to us all when we see these kinds of results. Keep on keeping on!

That 70D is most impressive...in over 3 years, KT has only recovered two 70 Kens...1 70D and 1 70S. That's how tough they are to come by in circulation!

This is how it was our first year CRHing. I was doing 9 boxes a week.
Eventually the banks get tired of you and dont want to deal with you.
As long as your pulling the silver like this take it as far as you can take it.
I dont post on this here as often as I used to. Still get 4 boxes every week.
13 keepers this week. 6 WALKERS!

Anyhow, sebranka glad to see someone pull a great amount of silver from circulation like that. Still happens, all luck and it would seem you are in a silver wet area. HH DD

Congrats your on a roll , don't forget to buy some lotter tickets when your hot .
HH

So Fellows......I read this post of Sebranka's very early today, like 3am!...Big snow falling, roads thick and slick...Snowing like Billy-be-damned, single digit temps, nearly whiteout conditions! But inspired by this post, I shoveled and got out and gently drove down to the bank!

They open at 9am, and I pulled in precisely at 9:15am, I was locked and loaded with a stack of paper Benjamins to buy a full box! I waltz on in there and tell them I want a box of halfs! The teller looks at me with a strange WTH look...NOBODY is out today, its a gosh darn blizzard! She said..."You are kidding me right? Not two minutes ago, some old Btard came in and wiped us clean out of all the rolled coins!" :laughing:

She said she could order me a box and I'll have it in a week...so I went and bought some scratchoffs and beer instead and made it home alive at least....no winners....sometimes it just dont pay to leave the house!:laughing:
Mud

Your finds remind the Royal Personage of when He first started CRHing! Me thinks you are in an unhunted area by CRHers! Always encouraging to us all when we see these kinds of results. Keep on keeping on!

That 70D is most impressive...in over 3 years, KT has only recovered two 70 Kens...1 70D and 1 70S. That's how tough they are to come by in circulation!

:lol: Thanks KT, hope I'm doing you proud. The banks I go to all have at least one other person who gets halves and was there before me, so hopefully they don't get too mad at me:lol:. I had to look twice at that 70, I'd never seen one before. Thanks!

This is how it was our first year CRHing. I was doing 9 boxes a week.
Eventually the banks get tired of you and dont want to deal with you.
As long as your pulling the silver like this take it as far as you can take it.
I dont post on this here as often as I used to. Still get 4 boxes every week.
13 keepers this week. 6 WALKERS!

Anyhow, sebranka glad to see someone pull a great amount of silver from circulation like that. Still happens, all luck and it would seem you are in a silver wet area. HH DD

Thanks, i'm glad as well, must be wearing my lucky shoes. Congrats on the walkers! One of my favorite coins. Pretty much all of the tellers at a few of the banks know me already, I think I'm lucky that one of the vault managers is a buddy's sister and another and the assistant vault manager are both girls I went to HS with:D:D

So Fellows......I read this post of Sebranka's very early today, like 3am!...Big snow falling, roads thick and slick...Snowing like Billy-be-damned, single digit temps, nearly whiteout conditions! But inspired by this post, I shoveled and got out and gently drove down to the bank!

They open at 9am, and I pulled in precisely at 9:15am, I was locked and loaded with a stack of paper Benjamins to buy a full box! I waltz on in there and tell them I want a box of halfs! The teller looks at me with a strange WTH look...NOBODY is out today, its a gosh darn blizzard! She said..."You are kidding me right? Not two minutes ago, some old Btard came in and wiped us clean out of all the rolled coins!" :laughing:

She said she could order me a box and I'll have it in a week...so I went and bought some scratchoffs and beer instead and made it home alive at least....no winners....sometimes it just dont pay to leave the house!:laughing:
Mud

:lol::lol: Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you should just stay home! Next time, Mud! But I'll try to keep you going with some more post this week!

Holy cow! Yes, you have found a honeyhole! I'd be hitting that bank as often as time and finances permit, especially if you know you have competition. I had a similar hot streak last summer -- lasted about a month -- I at least doubled my regular volume while it lasted, and it paid off.

I'm jealous of the 1970 to be sure, but even moreso the rich vein of silver you've found. Hit it hard and fast while you can!

I wonder if people are dumping the 40% due to low value?
Lots of folks still only keep their eyes open for the 90%.
Long ago, near $50 silver, they used to get tossed back because the Hunts wanted as close to .999 as they could get.

I sold all of mine during the last run up.
Slowly building my stack of them.

Milk that vein as long as you can -

Back
Top Bottom