Hot temps and low numbers for His Majesty's Hunt this week ....so far! HUNT UPDATE!!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Well, Little Rock this week is into breaking every high temp record....104, 105, 106, and this is not the "humidity" adjusted temps! Under a major burn ban too most of Arkansas....

All KT can figure is it has dried up the silver in His Royal CRHing! Last night's hunt of 2 of his 5 boxes yielded no silvers, and only 4 NICFs....Still got 3 boxes to run but this is looking like a skunky hunt so far!

KT will be ripping though another 2 boxes tonight when He gets back to the Castle and will give a report on it later...Meanwhile, KT holds out hope for a decent bank dump overage this afternoon! :lol::lol: Got to have something to hang His Royal Crown on this week!

If it makes you feel any better, the last 3 boxes I've picked up from the bank had previously CRH'ed.
I had one box of pennies I picked up that had clear tape on both ends and my fiance was sorting those and there was nothing pre 1983. SO they sniped all the coppers.

Picked up a box of nickels monday, and say there were a few rolls with the same type of thick clear tape on some rolls. Guess they are using that as a marker. Total bummer.

How do you tackle these situations king? I haven't ran into this problem yet but the last 3 boxes had either been completely sorted or had 10 rolls or so with the "tape marker", thinking maybe hitting a different branch?

GL on the rest of the boxes KT, How much longer until your swinging again? I wish ya the best...GL+HH.....cliff.

Hey clifftronics! Thanks...KT is keeping His Royal Digits crossed for better luck on the rest of these boxes! :lol:

Dr said 30 days after last chemo treatment, KT can go back to swingin'! By then, KT will be over what The Queen so politely calls..His Royal Drug Head! :laughing::laughing: AND it will be cooler weather this fall, hopefully. So meanwhile.....:waiting:

Sometimes KT knows what He is trying to say but it comes out otherwise....like Need to check my blood sugar, but what comes out is Need to check my glucose...:shock::shock:

And numbers and dates get messed up in The Royal Headbone! Anywho, KT will know more about His Royal Recovery when He gets another CT scan on July 9th and hears what the Dr (that crazy bossy blonde! :laughing:) has to say on the 11th...will post a report then in the Family Friendly section.

Big surprize from the Bank Machine dump today!

KT was really surprized when He went by His Royal Dump bank today and plopped his first $1000 in the slot machine! BINGO, WHIR, ZINGGGGGG!

Ticket read 56 extra nickels, 49 extra quarters, and 44 $1 coins! Remember KT only dumped halves! Total overage on this dump.......$69.05 and He found 2 pennies and a ragged quarter in the trash can!

KT had a hard time controlling Himself til He could get back to the Castle and tell The Queen! HA HA We Danced! :clapping::clapping::excited::excited::clapping:

KT has begun the hunt of the next 2 boxes and tomorrow morning will finish up the last box and give the full report! He did get some silver! LOL

WOWEEEEEEE! You hit the jackpot for sure this time! I am SO jealous. Just kidding. Even if your boxes are silver light, you've had a great week! LOL So, was that dance the 'jackpot tango?' : )

KT was really surprized when He went by His Royal Dump bank today and plopped his first $1000 in the slot machine! BINGO, WHIR, ZINGGGGGG!

Ticket read 56 extra nickels, 49 extra quarters, and 44 $1 coins! Remember KT only dumped halves! Total overage on this dump.......$69.05 and He found 2 pennies and a ragged quarter in the trash can!

KT had a hard time controlling Himself til He could get back to the Castle and tell The Queen! HA HA We Danced! :clapping::clapping::excited::excited::clapping:

KT has begun the hunt of the next 2 boxes and tomorrow morning will finish up the last box and give the full report! He did get some silver! LOL

hey KT how or why does it give you overages?

hey KT how or why does it give you overages?

This is the only dump machine KT has run into that gives overages...when KT dumps only halves and the ticket shows so many pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and $1 coins, as well as the halves He dumps...then it is overage. How KT thinks this works????

His Highness' Royal Speculation: Many people use this machine..but they do not know what they are dumping...just coins to them...machine gets coins clogged up in it...and when KT dumps a big load of halves like the 2000 today....the machine sets up a different vibration resonance than normal coins....and the clogged up ones come shooting out to get counted! Bank tellers have never thought to ask me about those readings even tho they know I dump only halves....they just look at the total on the paper slip and give His Highness the cash! :laughing::laughing:

Since the other folks have no idea of what they have to dump, they have no complaint and KT sometimes hits the JACKPOT like today!

Here is the hunt update! Did GOOD!

KT did find silver! And even a better one!

Box 1 - 2 NIFCs
Box 2 - 2 NIFCs getting boring, ain't it! :lol::lol:
Box 3 - 1 90%, 7 40%, 1 gold plated, 1 mint error (week strike obverse), and 1 guitar pick :?::?: :lol::lol:
Box 4 - 1 40%, 1 NIFC, 1 87D (hard to get!), 1 chrome plated...wth!
Box 5 - 1 NIFC, 1 gold plated, 1 mint state looking 1974P..really purty!

That's the first 90%er for KT in 40 boxes! Unreal. And box 3 really pulled this hunt out of the doldrums. KT was surprized to get 2 gold plated and a chrome plated half...the chrome plated one certainly looked like a proof at first glance but no S mint mark and the coin was somewhat worn, including the rim ridges before it was chromed...this was someone's conversation piece at one time...being a bicentennial.

Finally KT really likes his weak mint strike...thought His Royal Eyes had gone out on Him, before He realized there is NO last two numbers on the date and most of Liberty is missing...backside of this coin is a normal strong strike. Got to love it! Enjoy the pics....there's a bunch of them!

Attachments

• CRH 06 28 2012 1 90% half guitar pick.JPG
    CRH 06 28 2012 1 90% half guitar pick.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 371
  • CRH 06 28 2012 8 40% Ag halves.JPG
    CRH 06 28 2012 8 40% Ag halves.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 388
  • CRH 06 28 2012 6 NIFCs 1 1987D.JPG
    CRH 06 28 2012 6 NIFCs 1 1987D.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 385
  • CRH 06 28 2012 2 gold plated halves.JPG
    CRH 06 28 2012 2 gold plated halves.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 375
  • CRH 06 28 2012 chrome plated bicentennial.JPG
    CRH 06 28 2012 chrome plated bicentennial.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 379
  • CRH 06 28 2012 1974 mint state half.JPG
    CRH 06 28 2012 1974 mint state half.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 382
  • CRH 06 28 2012 200something weak strike mint errror.JPG
    CRH 06 28 2012 200something weak strike mint errror.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 382
You live in little rock? I live about three hours north east of there. A little past jonesboro

HA HA Where I live is complicated...the Castle is in Saline County in an unincorporated area south of a small community called Shannon Hills...Shannon Hills straddles the Saline Co/Pulaski Co line. I work in Little Rock and mostly MD in Little Rock.

I had to Google NIFC. KT - How do you know they were "not intended for circulation"?

Policy of the US Mint....since 2002, when they reduced the mintage numbers from around 10 mill a year to 2 mill a year...they have only offered Kennedy halves by 1000 $ bags....now only coin dealers buy that way...along with a few select collectors. So Not Intended For Circulation....the Mint has not made them available to the Federal Bank to distribute to your community bank, like they have done with the various quarter and small $1 issues.

Coin dealers buy a bag or two, cherry pick them for the top grade coins and then dump at their local bank...that's how they finally get into circulation, but not through any policy of the US Mint.

KT personally believes the US Mint is looking for an excuse to end the minting of Kennedy halves, and this policy is right in line with getting the general public to not bother with them anymore. Now, except for those folks spending their grandparent's savings, you rarely see ANY halves in circulation....the coin...like the silver dollar of bygone days...is to big and bulky for anyone to want to carry many of them around! Look at the modern gold colored $1 coin....they are not even popular with the public...everyone prefers to carry plastic now.

Went by the dump bank yesterday to drop my second load from this hunt and, behold!, the machine was broken...nope, nothing to do with the giant overage from Friday, but the front cylinder lock was messed up and the bank had to pull all the bags from the machine since it would not lock!

Will be checking with them late Monday to see if the lock got fixed! :lol::lol:

Good to see you out and about KT. May you find a 99% silver box next time! :cool:

KT - We should get together one day and metal detect when your able to swing again. Where I'm from we don't see too many halves. I mainly do nickels, quarters, and dimes but I always ask if they have any halves or dollar coins. I buy all they have every friday. No silver so far. Lots of bicentennials. Nothing worth keeping.

KT - We should get together one day and metal detect when your able to swing again. Where I'm from we don't see too many halves. I mainly do nickels, quarters, and dimes but I always ask if they have any halves or dollar coins. I buy all they have every friday. No silver so far. Lots of bicentennials. Nothing worth keeping.

KT appreciates the MD hunting offer and thinks that would be great fun! Need to work it out for late this fall, some weekend! HA HA KT needs to investigate through the State Parks Department but there surely is a state park somewhere in the NE 1/4 of AR that allows MDing on the beach and swimming area! Been dying to try out my stainless steel water scoop and with the AT Pro I can hit both the sand and the swimming area.

It would be a good run to try out my camping setup with my chariot also! Gonna get some time to work on the motorcycle carrier after supper this evening...hope to get the base ramp built. Still waiting for the front receiver to arrive...when KT can get that mounted..and the receiver installed, then He can finally figure out the REST of the measurements for the Motorcycle hauler and its tie downs... and its balance point......MUST have patience! :laughing::laughing: The King tells Himself that every day!

Well we got a good start on the carrier on Monday evening! and the receiver hitch arrived today....so hopefully next Saturday early in the morning when it is cool I will get that installed.

KT's dump bank machine is still broken! And the last couple of days He has had fits with the other machines at some of His Banks other branches...they are super finicky and reject a lot of clean coins! One branch KT dumped the 2nd $1000 and had 6 good looking reject halves...got a total of 10 cent overage! HA HA

Today at another branch after fiddling with putting the reject halves back in the machine like 6 times, KT gave up and took the ticket for $330 out of $500! Bummer...but KT's regular bank said they expect the lock to be repaired by the end of the week! So The King will just dump that last $170 in halves with his other dumps then!

Had a surprize on Monday when The King called his order branch at 2:30 pm, they had already sent in the coin order...had to do it early due to the 4th being a holiday for them...but the nice thing was the person on the phone said that they went ahead and ordered me some halves anyway, but did not remember how many boxes....so Thursday will be a surprize day! HA HA HA

At least KT will get some more rolls!
:excited::excited::clapping::clapping::cheer: :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom