KT's CRH today

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
After two days of chemo, KT is high on steroids and ripped through his 5 boxes in less than 4 hours hunt time! Took a break to eat and to complete a retainer wall block laying project after supper before ripping the last 2 boxes.

The hunt results were meager when considering KT's numbers for the past 3 weeks, but at least there was not one skunk box in the batch:
Box 1 - 1 40%er
Box 2 - 3 40%ers
Box 3 - 1 40%er
Box 4 - 1 40%er
Box 5 - 1 40%er

Total of 7 40%ers. Certainly better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! :lol::lol: One good thing, it all adds toward the end of the year total, and that is my goal, to spend one year CRHing halves and see what the result is! With this hobby, it can be feast or famine, or just a trickle every week...this week was a trickle...just enough to make me look forward to next week! Best of luck to all!

Now just looking to see what the dump bank will give me on the returns!

The pic shows the coins in as recovered condition...some pretty dirty.

Attachments

• CRH 05 31 2012 7 40%ers.JPG
    CRH 05 31 2012 7 40%ers.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 427
Not a bad week, KT. I have been lucky to have had no skunk boxes over the last month. But man did I go through an ugly six week period awhile back.
I will be very happy with CRHing if I can maintain one silver per box, plus one break out week every six weeks.

My cell phone was run over by a car today so I have no pics to share of my week. Thank goodness I have the phone insurance. For me the most interesting item was a non-half that was in one of my rolls. It is a 1945 one penny coin the size of a half. I bet it is from the Bahamas or something. It has the name Georgivs VI on it. Does anybody have any idea of what it is or worth? I am sure it worth less than 50 cents. :laughing:

Brian

Not a bad week, KT. I have been lucky to have had no skunk boxes over the last month. But man did I go through an ugly six week period awhile back.
I will be very happy with CRHing if I can maintain one silver per box, plus one break out week every six weeks.

My cell phone was run over by a car today so I have no pics to share of my week. Thank goodness I have the phone insurance. For me the most interesting item was a non-half that was in one of my rolls. It is a 1945 one penny coin the size of a half. I bet it is from the Bahamas or something. It has the name Georgivs VI on it. Does anybody have any idea of what it is or worth? I am sure it worth less than 50 cents. :laughing:

Brian

Sorry to hear about your phone! Good to have insurance!

Your Georgivs VI coin is findable on Google.com...I looked it up and most years of issue were listed for 1 pound British in fine condition, no listing for less than that grade but I suspect it is about a 50c US value if not fine. It is British issue, not Bahamas, and may have been widely circulated in the British West Indies and other Gulf of Mexico regional protectorates. KT found a half Balboa coin from a roll in one of my early hunts. It was originally worth 50c in that country in South America in US dollars but had deflated to 18c by the time KT laid his eyes on it! :lol::lol: Worst value KT recovered was a zincoln! stuck to a half and it was counted as 2 halves in the roller machine!

Some decent finds there KT.

I had 2 boxes tonight...one was a skunk. But the other yielded 1 '45 Walker! :D

Hey, King!
Good to see your post my friend. Wish I would have had at least one silver on my one attempt. I not only didn't get any Silver, I got shorted!:lol:

Hey, King!
Good to see your post my friend. Wish I would have had at least one silver on my one attempt. I not only didn't get any Silver, I got shorted!:lol:

LOL sometimes The King gets it in the shorts too! :laughing::laughing:

Well, made the 2nd drop at the bank so got back $2000 of my $2500, and so far $9.70 overage from the coin machine! Lookin' good! Plus a surprize goodie from the trash can...think KT needs this a lot, and will be carrying in his pocket for quite awhile!

Attachments

• HPIM2259.JPG
    HPIM2259.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 338
  • HPIM2260.JPG
    HPIM2260.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 333
Damn KT your 2012 totals are smoking my totals and I've been doing half dollar CRHing since April of 2011.

My tally:
40%...192
90%.....24
Frankie...6
Walker....5
Barb........1
90% Proof......1

Keep up the good work!

Thanks everyone for their comments!

Don't know about being The Man of CRHing...but with my circumstances of being told by the DR. NO MDing...KT just figured He would throw all his Royal efforts into CRHing for the time being and see what happens!

Now it would be a dream hunt for KT to come across a Barber and some other Walkers in some boxes! Like dream on! HA HA HA

But, KT does like ripping rolls! And halves are so easy to work through....AND having a dump machine with a loose slot machine attitude don't hurt either! Bank overages to date are in the neighborhood of $257.00 ! For a $2500 cycling investment, that ain't shabby!

KT knows He will have some very interesting yearly totals this year from CRHing!

Thanks everyone for their comments!

But, KT does like ripping rolls! And halves are so easy to work through....AND having a dump machine with a loose slot machine attitude don't hurt either! Bank overages to date are in the neighborhood of $257.00 ! For a $2500 cycling investment, that ain't shabby!

Thats the part that kills me. I feel like my luck can run hot like yours KT, but my machines never pay me extra. My machine usually shorts me one or two every thousand coins. But, I did find a gold sacajawea (sp?) in the reject slot last week, so that was a nice surprise.

Brian

Second try

Nice job KT!
I was skunked last week on my first box, but my second comes in tomorrow.
Good luck with those steroids:wincup:

Just picked up three boxes of halves, and I searched the top of half of the first box before going back to the office. And................nada. 25 rolls of nothing, but at least I have 150 more rolls for tonight. :D And two more boxes on tap for tomorrow. :clapping:

Brian

Just picked up three boxes of halves, and I searched the top of half of the first box before going back to the office. And................nada. 25 rolls of nothing, but at least I have 150 more rolls for tonight. :D And two more boxes on tap for tomorrow. :clapping:

Brian

Just wrapped up the last box. 3 boxes/ $1.5k / 3k halves yielded 4- 40% and 1- 90% (1964). Certainly 5 silver coins out of 3 thousand is nothing to brag about, but it is better than three dancing pumpkins. :pumpkins:

Brian

Back
Top Bottom